I've just requested DD1 be put on the SEN monitoring register at school, what should I expect?

(2 Posts)
freemanbatch Wed 20-Mar-13 10:35:02

DD1 has been having issues with impulsive behaviour, lack of self control and short attention span. She has sometimes hurt other kids when she's lashed out which of course is not something I or the school are going to ignore.

I've spoken to the teacher and the head teacher and they both say that she isn't 'naughty' as such, most of the time she's really lovely so they think it might be something she can't quite control.

We've agreed a few strategies to use in the short term and I am meeting with the teacher and SENCO a few weeks after the Easter holidays but other than that I have no idea what to expect or what might happen or what I need to do.

Can anyone help me?

Teachercreature Tue 26-Mar-13 20:16:12

How old is she and how long has this gone on for so far? Have you spotted any other issues? Also, any idea of any factors which cause her outbursts?

So far sounds good though - I'd do the same myself if a new problem, ie monitor and see. Plus it's good they have already arranged a meeting with you. If the problem persists then you'd need to start looking into where next, but if it's recent don't worry too much yet as children often go through short term blips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now