DS2 has just been diagnosed with Aspergers

(3 Posts)
singinggirl Tue 30-Oct-12 16:08:04

That's it really, we are just back from our appointment. DH is out of the country till Thursday, but will be upset when I tell him over the phone tonight. Not sure how I feel or why I'm posting really, just feeling a little stunned, even though it was what I was expecting. He is Year 5 and we live in Kent, he will almost certainly pass Kent Test next September, so I guess I need to start looking at which Grammars have a good SEN department. Anyone have any ideas?

Ineedalife Tue 30-Oct-12 17:19:40

Hi singing, hope you are ok.

My Dd3 has aspergers, she is in yr 5, she was diagnosed last year after a long battle and 3.5 yr assessment process.

The best idea I have is for you to come and join us on the special needs children board, it is a really friendly, supportive place with lots of knowledgable people.

We can be found just underneath Am I Being Unreasonable if you are on a pc or in the special needs section on your phone.

Good luck and look forward to seeing you on the other boardsmile

singinggirl Tue 30-Oct-12 17:38:49

Thanks Ineed, have now spoken to DH, who is a bit upset, but at least I've done that now. I think dealing with his feelings was worrying me, I'm now starting to feel a bit more positive that at least we have a diagnosis before secondary school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now