This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Moving on from moby

(2 Posts)
nextphase Thu 31-Jan-13 19:56:18

My first thought was a ring sling.
Not tried one tho, and a mei tai would spread the weight over both shoulders.

My 'local' sling meet will loan via post. This is how I'm going to borrow (their suggestion) a sling for our holidays to carry our 14kg and 11 kg kids (one at a time!)

MyNameIsSuz Thu 31-Jan-13 12:14:20

Ds is 4 months and almost 14lb (petite, but quite long) and we've been using a moby wrap since birth. Before he was born I thought we would be out in it all the time, but actually we only use it if he's saying put - so not to walk to groups, friend's houses etc - as it's so tricky to wrap myself in properly and stuff him into without a mirror. I probably needed more practice when he was tiny and less squirmy!

I think he'll be too heavy for it soon and have started looking for our next sling, so some advice would be appreciated. I want something:
- similar to the moby in terms of comfort, i do really like the wrap types
- easier to get in and out of in public
- I can wear on the front now and the back later
- if possible, can work for me (5'2" and size 10) and dh (all 20 stone of him!)

I'm quite taken with the idea of a mei tai. Unfortunately i live nowhere near a sling meet or library so am going to have to go off reviews and recommendations. Would a mei tai meet my requirements? Are the cheaper ones any good? Which brand should i go for? Where is the best place to find one?

Sorry this has turned into a bit of an essay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now