This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Carrier for a newborn?

(5 Posts)
osaenlondres Tue 02-Oct-12 18:30:44

Need advice on buying a carrier for a 2.5 week old baby (the carrier to last when the baby is much bigger, too). Had CS and can't use pushchair all the time as I live on the 3rd floor without lift. Will be using for short trips. I do have problems with my upper and lower back from time to time. So far heard good words about Mei Tai and Ergo. Not sure whether they can be purchased at any retailer in Central London or which e-seller is trustworthy. thanks!

I used both a boba wrap and a connecta from when my DS was a few days old.

Your best though is to go along to a sling library - if you google you'll find your local one - and you can test out lots if slings there and 'try before you buy'

uk sling libraries here

Spaghettivongole Tue 02-Oct-12 18:35:56

I bought my Ergo from Born in Stoke Newington and they were fantastic - they had a few different slings and helped me them out.

I did use a wrap (Kari-me) for the first few months though and loved it - very snuggly for the baby. Tbh I'm not sure you'll find a one that will be perfect for use both now and as baby gets older so I would think about buying 2. The wrap type ones aren't too expensive.

DeeDee77 Tue 02-Oct-12 22:14:05

I have seen the Ergo in store at Huggle in Swiss Cottage.
http://www.huggle.co.uk/

osaenlondres Wed 03-Oct-12 08:09:45

Oh, great. I live within 20' walk from Huggle, will go there this morning. thank you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now