Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

patapum problems

(4 Posts)
notwoo Tue 18-Sep-12 19:41:28

Just to say thank you so much for the tip. Can now get ds on my front easily.

The dog is also very grateful!

notwoo Sun 09-Sep-12 20:03:24

Ok- that makes sense re back strap- thank you.
Yes can get to a sling library-it tends more towards wraps and complicated things but I think they have a couple of connectas I could try.

Dh used patapum tonight and loved it so it won't go to waste even if I get something else.

pootlebug Sun 09-Sep-12 18:48:56

For the back strap - try loosening off the shoulder straps, and the back strap. Then:
1) Do up back strap
2) Tighten back strap
3) Tighten shoulder straps.

But you may find a carrier where you cross the straps over your back instead of doing up a strap to join them easier. A Connecta or Manduca would fit the bill. Are you near a sling library / meet to try some others? Connecta is less padded/structured.

notwoo Fri 07-Sep-12 21:56:58

I have a baby patapum for my DS (6 months).

It is ok but have 2 issues -

1 - It is slightly too big around my waist - I'm a size 10
2. I can't do the back strap up by myself when carrying DS on my front and not confident about getting him on my back yet so can only use when DH is around to help me put him in.

I also have a baby hawk mei tai which overcomes both of these problems but I wanted something less 'dangly' (and dare I more mainstream looking)

Would a connecta be any better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now