Cot bed mattress too hard! What can I put on top?!

(9 Posts)
FierceBadIggi Thu 21-Mar-13 18:43:27

Ok I think I'd read you shouldn't co-sleep with an adult memory foam mattress, so was assuming same for cots.
I suppose I thinking a firm mattress leaves airways around the face, whereas memory foam would mold round it?
This is all supposition though.

Turry Thu 21-Mar-13 17:47:58

Interesting thought Fierce... What makes you think that? I've been able to find memory foam cot mattresses but not just toppers...

FierceBadIggi Tue 19-Mar-13 18:39:21

I don't think memory foam would be advised for babies, though willing to be proved wrong.

Rikalaily Mon 18-Mar-13 14:04:31

I put a cot quilt under the sheet, makes it comfier, warmer and saves the matress from puke, pee, poo accidents.

Turry Mon 18-Mar-13 14:03:44

Oooh, thanks ladies! I'll give that a try!

Kooza Mon 18-Mar-13 14:00:45

I actually got a cot bed quilt, folded it in half and put it on top of the mattress underneath the fitted sheet. Seemed to make a big difference!

ellangirl Mon 18-Mar-13 14:00:18

We have thick fleece blanket under sheet, but could you use a little cot duvet or something?

Turry Mon 18-Mar-13 13:58:56

Just thought of memory foam toppers... Does anybody know any stockists of cotbed size ones? Had a quick google but no luck so far...

Turry Mon 18-Mar-13 13:51:18

It's bloody expensive so I'm not buying a new one, but god it's hard, and I do wonder whether one of the reasons DD settles the second we put her in our bed is because the mattress is so much squidgier...

So any suggestions? DD 7 months so I'm working on the basis it's ok to start loading her cot up with cosy-making loveliness now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now