Cosy sheet recommendations

(10 Posts)
blushingmare Wed 20-Mar-13 06:30:24

I only bought mine over this winter, but just came back from a holiday in New Zealand and used it there even when the nights were warm and she didn't seem too hot. I think sheepskin is supposed to be one of those natural temperature regulating materials that don't get too hot or too cold.

ct148 Mon 18-Mar-13 22:07:11

Was just reading this thread and the sheepskin blankets interest me for my 18month DS. This might be a stupid question but do you use it even in summer? As in, would it be pointless buying one given that (hopefully) spring isn't too far away?

blushingmare Mon 18-Mar-13 14:32:31
milkyman Mon 18-Mar-13 13:36:11

Where could I purchase the sheepskin blankets as would probably put under a sheet.

MrsHoarder Mon 18-Mar-13 07:01:33

We have (non-fitted) flannel sheets for the cot. But they were handmedowns so well used the labels no longer have writing so I don't know where they were from.

blushingmare Mon 18-Mar-13 06:51:00

I have a sheepskin on top of the sheet and dd settles really well on it. Not sure what the guidance is re SIDS, but I've got a short clipped one that is supposed to be safer for babies to sleep on. I only started putting her on it when she was much older than your baby though - not sure I would have felt confident at 20 weeks, but as pp said, you could try it under the sheet.

minipie Sat 16-Mar-13 22:21:45

she seems to, certainly sleeps well in her cot, but tbh we have never tried her in the cot without it, so I don't know if the sheepskin is making any difference.

milkyman Sat 16-Mar-13 09:43:06

Thanks, does baby like it

minipie Fri 15-Mar-13 22:46:16

I have a sheepskin under DD's sheet which makes it much softer... worth a try?

milkyman Wed 13-Mar-13 10:32:51

Hi,
Any recommendations would be helpful. My baby doesn't like his cot much! I just wondered if anyone knew of safe,cosier sheets for him to lie on (currently have jersey ones from mothercare). I am aware of SIDs guidelines but just wondered if there was anything on the market I could try. He lies in his moses basket during the day on a fluffy, polyester blanket and loves this but not sure if this would be safe to use at night? He's 20 weeks old and a big baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now