14 weeks old baby napping in car seat and unable to put down awake

(3 Posts)
stargirl1701 Mon 28-Jan-13 12:44:54

Yes! Our LO is 19 weeks. She goes into her crib (in our room) awake after the 11pm bottle and we switch the light out. Within 2 minutes she is asleep and there are no protests or cries. She sleeps through till between 7-9am. We do appreciate this.

She hates napping!!! I bought 'the no- cry sleep solution' and we're working through some ideas from there. We have found darkness helps so we put up a blackout blind in her room and we try to put her down in there for naps and one of us sits with her.

A walk in the pram sends her to sleep and popping her in a sling works to. She seems to need movement. At the moment we are encouraging the idea of napping (doesn't matter where) so she gets the habit of sleep.

I would definitely recommend that book.

milkyman Mon 28-Jan-13 12:38:34

I meant to add the he is formula fed.

milkyman Mon 28-Jan-13 12:25:15

Hi,
I would be interested in people's thought/suggestions on this. My 14 week old is a lively little boy (15ilbs). He only likes to nap during the day either on my lap or in his car seat (after we have been out somewhere). Is this a huge problem - he never sleeps longer than two hours in the car seat. I have tried lifting him out and putting him in his cot but he just screams!!! He's happy to sleep in his cot at night but I can never put him down awake, he has to be asleep. Am I making a rod for my own back or is it just a case of do what you can so they sleep. He sleeps OK at night (usually) last feed at 11pm, then 2:30pm, 5pm and then awake at 6ish (but he will sleep an hour longer if he sleeps on me).
Anyone have similar issues?
Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now