Any advice for 13.5mo routine

(8 Posts)
Madallie Sun 27-Jan-13 20:38:01

Bath time is about 6/6.15 depending on how tired she is.

I have tried for past few days:

Sat
7.15am - awake
12-1.10 - nap (short!!)
6.45 - in bed staight asleep

Sun
7.40am - wake
11.50-1.05 - nap
6.45pm - bed (although fussed about until 7.10 even though she was v tired)

Should I just keep going with this for a few days/ a week and see if she settles into a pattern of sleeping longer for lunchtime nap? Does this sometimes happen? That it takes a while for them to adjust to sleeping longer? Or should it just be happeing straight away if she's ready for it?

I'm confused!

CanIHaveAPetGiraffePlease Sat 26-Jan-13 18:37:07

I bet she is! MIne is flagging by 10 and I'm trying to stretch to 1.30. Fantastic she's in that routine smile

QueenofClean Sat 26-Jan-13 18:25:26

She goes that early because she rarely naps during the day so by 5:30 she's flagging smile

CanIHaveAPetGiraffePlease Sat 26-Jan-13 18:11:59

Wow that is early queen - ace that it works for you though!

My daughter is a similar age. Goes to bed about 6.45, and is up anytime between 5.30 and 7 (usually at 6).

She tends to nap at 9.30 and 1.30 (after pre-school runs) but was wondering about trying for a "big" 1.30 nap. I'm just not sure she'd make it to 1.30 though without one at the moment. She starts to get very grumpy and want bf (trying not to in the day) by about 10 if I haven't put her to bed before. Clicked on the thread as interested in the progression from 2 to 1 and how you encourage them to make the leap!

QueenofClean Sat 26-Jan-13 18:06:24

I make everything quiet and darken things down so all calm & serene. Lots of cuddles & bottle of milk (she's still on a bottle because she has food allergies and needs calcium & vitamins from her special medicated formula) kiss and lay down and walk out with music box playing. That's how it works here. She sleeps all night that long as she barely naps in day.

What time is bath time?

Madallie Sat 26-Jan-13 16:23:57

Wow Queen that's a long night time sleep. I think my dd would think it was a nap if I put her down at 5.30pm.

I guess if she's sleeping through the night and having some nap in the day then it's ok (my dd I mean)

Thanks

QueenofClean Sat 26-Jan-13 16:13:20

My 13 month old DD2 wakes about 7am. Some days she has a nap max of about 20-30 mins as that's all she wants. Bath about 4:30/4:45ish & bed for 5:30pm.

Hth

Madallie Sat 26-Jan-13 16:07:47

DD is 13.5mo and we are fluctuating between 1 and 2 naps per day as she was taking up to an hour to settle for pm nap. So for a while we had:

6.30-7am - wake
10-11 - nap (settled well for this usually)
3/3.15, sometimes 3.30 - nap (this was after being put down at varying times from 2, 2.15, 2.30 etc. She just didn't settle well.
I would then wake her no later than 4pm
7pm - bedtime but she was taking 30mins plus to settle

When I have now tried 1 nap, routine looks like

7-8.00am - wake (as she is only having 1 nap, on these days I let her sleep until she wakes up herself)
12-1.10 or 1.30 sometimes - nap
6.30/7pm - bed (straight to sleep)

The thing is she does get very tired in the late pm and I know that 1hr 10 is probably not enough day sleep but she settles so well for the 1 nap and at bedtime on these days as opposed to lots of time fussing and getting frustrated when put in her cot for nap and betime on 2 nap days.

What should I do? What would be best for her? Persevere with 2 naps and maybe over time (if I keep to 1 nap) the 1 nap may extend or keep trying for 2 naps, even though she wastes about an hour a day trying to get to sleep.

Oh, and it doesn't seem to make any difference if I shorten am nap to 45 or 40 mins she still doesn't want the 2nd nap.

Any opinions?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now