Skiing 3 or 10 March 2013 - where are all the deals?

(6 Posts)
LaGuerta Thu 14-Feb-13 12:42:16

Hope you have a great holiday. smile I am enjoying not obsessing over ski websites this week now that I know we are going.

SkiYesPlease Wed 13-Feb-13 20:45:47

Thanks Fairy, I caved and we've booked it. I'm pleased as it means we're definately going, i'll just have to stop myself from looking at all the cheap deals that will suddenly appear now we don't need them hmm

FairyTrain Wed 13-Feb-13 19:53:24

They(TO) all normally drop price on a Tuesday morning, after the weekend and Monday bookings when sales team work out how many holidays need to be shifted before departure date...wait til next Tuesday or even later if you want cheap, if you want something quite specific best to book soon, otherwise hold your nerve!

SkiYesPlease Wed 13-Feb-13 14:47:16

Hi LaGuerta, we also checked out MW, Ski Famille, ski beat, family ski, le ski and chilly powder and although there was a couple of options the prices were the same as Esprit or more expensive. We're just going to suck it up and pay the under occupancy. I don't want to run the risk of missing out when there seems to be so few options available at this stage, although i'll be kicking myself next week when they slash the prices!!

LaGuerta Tue 12-Feb-13 21:13:21

We were having this exact dilemma 24 hours ago and then Esprit put a couple of offers up that suited us, so I booked one this morning smile

Mark Warner looking like low availability with only Heathrow flights for 3 March. Last year we booked with Mark Warner 7 days before departure for late March, so may be worth holding out.

Other options - ski beat, ski famille

SkiYesPlease Tue 12-Feb-13 07:21:56

After resigning myself to the fact we'll have to skip skiing this year, the holiday gods have arranged for us to get time off in early March - yipee! We are a small party of 2 adults and 2yo and would like a family friendly resort and excellent childcare. We've travelled with Espritski before and know what we're getting (average accomodation and food but excellent childcare) so they were my first port of call, unfortunately it seems they only have huge rooms left that we have to pay a fortune for with the under occupancy supps. So my question to all you knowledgable MNetters is, where do we look now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now