Crucial biscuit question - which are posher: Rich Teas or Custard creams?

(285 Posts)
JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 02-Jul-09 13:26:40

We're split down the middle at HQ and it's more important than you think!

I love venison. <wipes mouth politely with napkin after dribbling slightly>

I'm not sure I'd like shortbread made with it though [boak]

jemart Fri 03-Jul-09 14:01:05

For me custard creams are the most aspirational of the two, unless the rich tea biscuits are the chocolate covered ones.
Neither are posh really, you need some hand baked cookies/cream filled macaroons or similar for posh. Belgian chocolate butter cookies....mmmmm yummy.

So, where do these fit in? scratches head

Katisha Fri 03-Jul-09 14:25:54

This site, Gourmeton is helpful on all food matters I find...

notcitrus Fri 03-Jul-09 14:35:12

Rich teas - average. Too boring to bother eating, IMO.

Custard creams - so unposh that I once got a black eye from one that hit me in the face.
Took me a decade before I could eat another one... blush

MangoJuggler Fri 03-Jul-09 14:45:50

Cafe Noir are posh

<aspirational>

Wheelybug Fri 03-Jul-09 14:52:49

Custard creams are definitely less posh. DH insists on having custard creams, bourbons and jammy dodgers in the house. If they're crawfords he's happiest. I call these his 'common biscuits'.

Me, being posher than dh obviously, bought cadburys chocolate digestives the other day and DH could not believe they were cadburys and not mcvities. He thought me the epitomy of posh. Its a good job I didn't buy green and blacks eh ?!

Mumsnut Fri 03-Jul-09 14:53:38

You need custard cremes to be really posh!

Creme Anglais biscuits <snurk> grin

Jux Sat 04-Jul-09 16:23:00

So what's it all about (Alfie)? Why are you asking us about biscuits, getting us into newspapers as mc airheads and telling us it's crucial?

We need to know [stern]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now