So, HQ, where do you see yourself in 1 year, 5 years,10 years time?

(45 Posts)

Diversifying? I can see the day when MN products hit the shelves. Cannavis Leaf MNug, anyone?

What about a Radio station or magazine?

MN schools?

Hmm.

MNHQ apprenticeships:

biscuit stocktaker

Troll spotter

big delete button pusher

Shed creosoter

Witty thread deletion caption writer

An MN Hotel California.

WingDefence Thu 31-Jan-13 14:07:58

Perhaps MN could run its own PR company... Just found this by googling for mumsnet merchandise

Chaos thinks I said something friffing genius! Highest accolade ever!!

BIWI Thu 31-Jan-13 14:41:40

I'm liking the idea of MN Care Homes for the Elderly Viper. Hot and cold running gin, obviously.

Tee2072 Thu 31-Jan-13 15:01:08

Goes without saying, really, BIWI.

BIWI Thu 31-Jan-13 15:02:27

True! grin

Sparklingbrook Thu 31-Jan-13 15:23:26

Bobble Heads of all the MNHQers. grin

Tech (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 21:06:13

And as for me, and as for me, I made my mind up back in Chelsea, when I goooooo, I might have a bit of a lie down.

Hmm..

Subtle clue?

Musical the-a-tre?

wink

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 23:29:03

Tech

And as for me, and as for me, I made my mind up back in Chelsea, when I goooooo, I might have a bit of a lie down.

I think he's been on the Mumsnet gin...

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 23:30:41

aufaniae

"A Which! style magazine? I can see them doing that quite easily."

I read an interview with Justine where she said that her original idea for mumsnet was a Which-style thing. It evolved naturally to be -- a nest of vipers-- a much broader online community instead, which she seemed pleased about.

Justine did I remember that right?

Well yes that sounds like it could have been me...

Seriuosly, JustineMN, while you're here - do you have any idea where this may all head?

Could you have envisaged this Massive Thing 12(?) years ago?

HoneyDragon Fri 01-Feb-13 12:56:48

What I love about Mnet though, is even though its massive, is its ethos remains.

When we're all chucking our toys out the pram, and yelling at Justine, we still get that post

Im not abandoning you, I just have to do baths and bed and I'll be back

That's what makes it still ours, rather than the advertisers. That we, the rambling nonsensical free loaders come first grin

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 01-Feb-13 13:20:21

Surely Mumsnet will be running the country in a few years?

IamtheZombie Fri 01-Feb-13 14:46:28

Justine for PM?

Sounds good to Zombie.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 01-Feb-13 14:59:20

ChaosTrulyReigns

Seriuosly, JustineMN, while you're here - do you have any idea where this may all head?

Could you have envisaged this Massive Thing 12(?) years ago?

Well no, but then I am a bear of very little imagination. Seriously (and I know this sounds a bit cheeseballs but it's true) all I've ever felt strongly about in terms of what next for MN as an enterprise, is that we should listen to/ engage with Mumsnetters. I think, through luck and with hindsight, that turned out to be a wise position, because after all it is really all about you (now I sound like a commercial, so I'll stop there grin).

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 01-Feb-13 15:01:33

HoneyDragon

What I love about Mnet though, is even though its massive, is its ethos remains.

When we're all chucking our toys out the pram, and yelling at Justine, we still get that post

Im not abandoning you, I just have to do baths and bed and I'll be back

That's what makes it still ours, rather than the advertisers. That we, the rambling nonsensical free loaders come first grin

YY that is true. MN's business philosophy beautifully summed up, I'd say: We want the advertisers but not at the expense of the nonsensical freeloaders grin.

HoneyDragon Fri 01-Feb-13 16:08:05

I bet the Bank Manager LOVES that business ethos grin

Yup, I'll bet you're listening to me about that distillery.

Would save you a friffing fortune.

wink

I'll altruistically offer my services for Qualiry Control.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now