So, is it Blue Monday for you? Or are you actually feeling quite chirpy really?

(97 Posts)
MotherSuperiorHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Jan-13 10:47:28

Morning.

It is, apparently, the most depressing day of the year today: Blue Monday.

But how are you all feeling? Do tell...

Well I decided to go for my first ever bra fitting on my lunchbreak at the grand old age of 36.

I went in a 38B and left a 34 DD which has <coughs> perked me up abit.

grin

DoItToJulia Mon 21-Jan-13 19:02:10

Wow tired teddy. My ds is 9 wo and havent managed the morning school run yet!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 21-Jan-13 19:03:45

Congratulations teddy! grin

Spinaroo Mon 21-Jan-13 19:20:16

Got great bit of news at work about a colleague so it has been a good day!

sydlexic Mon 21-Jan-13 19:26:20

Good day sledging. DS and I are happy. DH came home in a foul mood.

tiredteddy Mon 21-Jan-13 19:49:34

Thanks alibaba and doittojulia

Flisspaps Mon 21-Jan-13 20:55:10

I've been really miserable today. I think thats because I had two hours sleep on DS's floor last night though, not because it's Blue Monday.

Been more of a bonkers Monday here. Everywhere I've looked I've encountered bonkersness. Been quite fun actually.

Flisspaps Mon 21-Jan-13 20:58:22

I've been really miserable today. I think thats because I had two hours sleep on DS's floor last night though, not because it's Blue Monday.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Mon 21-Jan-13 21:03:51

We have snow, we've been sledging, it's all good here!

iamwhaticallpregnant Mon 21-Jan-13 21:07:14

Felt shite this morning and most of the day but feeling mighty fine now and happy as a clam :-)

clam Mon 21-Jan-13 21:22:27

Happy as a clam? Did you read my post?wink

MajesticWhine Mon 21-Jan-13 21:50:25

I've been pretty miserable really. Some work related concerns, combined with disturbed sleep and the back end of my cycle. It's all fairly grim.

iklboo Mon 21-Jan-13 21:53:42

Crappish day at work on top of bad night's sleep but 5lb loss at SW made up for it tonight.

HarkAtYou Mon 21-Jan-13 21:58:27

Really quite blue, rough couple of months with mc in nov. shitty weekend topped off by my husbands grandfather dying. So pleased to be going to sleep now, tomorrows a new day and all that.

Procrastinating Mon 21-Jan-13 22:03:04

That is very odd, I have felt utterly depressed today. I have all the usual reasons to be miserable (I hate my job, awful family, money etc) but it all seemed much worse today. So yes, blue monday - although more black than blue, blue is a bit American for me.

PartTimeModel Mon 21-Jan-13 22:26:15

I've felt utterly depressed and blue today - so it's a blue Monday for me. And I'm not usually down like this. I'm looking forward to starting again with a brand new day tomorrow.

thesnootyfox Mon 21-Jan-13 22:31:57

Definitely blue Monday here. sad

deleted203 Mon 21-Jan-13 23:32:46

I'm chirpy! (But only because school is closed because of snow grin) Hooray! A day off!

allagory Mon 21-Jan-13 23:50:52

My little boy was 3 today. He got some plastic Octonauts. Not the slightest hint of depression round here. Unbridled joy, in fact.

PepeLePew Mon 21-Jan-13 23:51:03

dd was grumpier than I have ever seen her this morning. She's usually delightfully chirpy but both she and her brothers were moany and stroppy until I packed them off to school.

Bad day at work - I have a cold and didn't finish any of things I needed to, came home, worked until 11 on a presentation for a meeting on Wednesday that I know is going to be horrible, caught up finally with my boss, had a row with him about the recommendations in it (he's wrong, I am right) which I know will rumble on tomorrow. The day has marginally improved in its dying minutes as I am now in bed with a toasted cheese sandwich and a cup of tea, and a note I found from dd which says "sorry I was grumpy this morning, I thought about you all day because I love you so much" which she had put on my pillow.

But yes, I was blue today.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Jan-13 23:54:30

Thanks for all your responses. Hope those of you who've had a bad day have a better one tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now