So, is it Blue Monday for you? Or are you actually feeling quite chirpy really?

(97 Posts)
MotherSuperiorHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Jan-13 10:47:28

Morning.

It is, apparently, the most depressing day of the year today: Blue Monday.

But how are you all feeling? Do tell...

greenhill Mon 21-Jan-13 11:30:09

Quite chirpy here too. The school is closed due to the icy/ snowy conditions so we are still in our pyjamas.

All we are doing is playing / reading / watching CBeebies / eating. Bliss.

piprabbit Mon 21-Jan-13 11:33:09

I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday on what will officially be known as "The Birthday Sunday that Sucked".

At least my family have buggered off to work and school today, instead of hanging round the house ignoring me.

garlicblocks Mon 21-Jan-13 11:37:28

Was feeling pretty grim last night - sort of an indigo purple sadface - so decided to give in to my mental & physical uselessness. Took a double dose of sleeping tablets - very naughty! - at 7:30 pm and woke up 10:30 am, feeling quite glorious.

I love drugs!

garlicblocks Mon 21-Jan-13 11:38:29

Happy postbirthday, pip!

LostInWales Mon 21-Jan-13 11:39:35

Sunny it's great isn't it grin I'm actually worried they might find a way of fixing my back now as I've got over most of the side effects and just feel very jolly all the time! (although the hallucinations were interesting wink)

Sorry about your birthday pip, that's awful. I hate birthdays.

williaminajetfighter Mon 21-Jan-13 11:42:07

feel broke. so blue...

steben Mon 21-Jan-13 11:47:06

Blue here! Diet utterly gone to pot and sat on sofa eating quality street with DDs who are snowed in!

Pascha Mon 21-Jan-13 12:17:01

People tend to use the envy as a vomit emoticon anyway so I was just applying a bit of logic.

ouryve Mon 21-Jan-13 12:25:09

The kids are at school. I've had a hot bath.

I'm rather chilled.

It may change when DS1's determination that school has a half day isn't realised. The fall out from that would be no more dramatic than any other day, though.

I'm snowed in at friends house. My son is at his dads on the other side of town. They cant get out either.

Not feeling bad about it grin

ouryve Mon 21-Jan-13 12:29:13

envy of the tramadol. I only have 30/500 co-codamol to take the edge off the siatica flare up I have from plodging through snow and on ice for the past week.

PoppyWearer Mon 21-Jan-13 12:29:29

On the one hand, I am pleased that DH and the DCs are out of the house for the first time in 4 days (due to illness and snow). They were all Doing My Head In.

On the other hand, I have a very painful/stiff neck and no one to rub it better. Painkillers not working, heat pack not working, Pilates and yoga stretches Not Working. And I'm on about day 20 of my first period post-bf'ing, no sign of it stopping, with accompanying period pains, rubbish skin, etc. So feeling peachy! I should be getting on with sorting out the house but just want to curl up in a ball and eat chocolate.

And we're skint until payday. Not "skiing", as iPad just tried to correct me. I wish! Skint.

Isitme1 Mon 21-Jan-13 12:30:31

I feel pretty blue.
Must be the pregnancy hormanes.

TunipTheVegedude Mon 21-Jan-13 12:35:25

Oh, I thought it was last Monday! Well that would explain why I was chirpy then and feel like shit now. (Hear that, Ben? You and your fascist demands for evidence and peer-reviewed research!)

JumpHerWho Mon 21-Jan-13 12:42:56

I feel sad

No money, boring weekend of both DH and I working whilst attempting to keep DS entertained who has a nasty cold, cooped up in this bloody house which is falling to bits and we're in negative equity on a rip-off key worker mortgage shitey thing .

I spend all my time fucking cleaning, cooking and tidying, feel like a skivvy and I'm supposed to be grateful because we can supposedly afford for me to be a pampered SAHM.

I have just let DS cry himself to sleep because he needs to nap and if he doesn't nap in his cot I need to traipse round the park with him in pram, which I am just not doing in this weather. But hate letting him cry.

And I thought secretly I was pregnant and I got my period last night, and although it wouldn't have been planned I am really upset. And it hurts.

< thanks for opportunity to moan>

glastocat Mon 21-Jan-13 13:29:30

I am incredibly chirpy, mainly because I leave my horrible job on Friday, and in two weeks I am emigrating to the sun! grin

rubyrubyruby Mon 21-Jan-13 13:36:20

I'm happy
I'm warm, I have food in my fridge and money in my bank account smile

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Mon 21-Jan-13 13:43:26

It's not Monday that's the problem. No the crap day is Tuesday. The bastard.

I'm mning in bed while DD sleeps and DS is at nursery, so can't really complain.

poppy283 Mon 21-Jan-13 13:44:22

Fainted last night and now I have a mysterious bruise and a fuzzy head, so don't want to do wedding invitations incase I make a mistake, and didn't take dcs to playgroup because I was worried I'd faint.

Feel a little blue as I was looking forward to leaving the house today!

HeathRobinson Mon 21-Jan-13 13:44:26

Cheep cheep!

steppemum Mon 21-Jan-13 13:45:58

not blue, just been out for a brisk walk in the snow and diet is working. I don't associate feeling blue with winter or post christmas.
For me feeling blue is usually because I have had a row with close family

whattodoo Mon 21-Jan-13 13:53:32

A bracing walk to school in the snow blew away any blues.

PoppyWearer Mon 21-Jan-13 14:22:20

Feeling better this afternoon, different painkillers helping, and look! Blue sky! A tiny little bit of sunlight is making the snow look really pretty here and melting it nicely.

(((hugs))) to my fellow-*poppy*, fainting is horrid.

BackforGood Mon 21-Jan-13 14:32:27

Not blue here. Best day of the year so far in fact. Surrounded by beautiful snow, dcs all off school and out sledging / snowballing, and I'm able to get some serious tidying done inbetween MNing.

ThinkAboutItOnBoxingDay Mon 21-Jan-13 14:35:57

It's stunning in London today. Bright crisp and sunny with snow still white and pretty.

A great Monday (if you're on mat leave and your baby is napping in her pushchair!) wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now