So, is it Blue Monday for you? Or are you actually feeling quite chirpy really?

(97 Posts)
MotherSuperiorHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Jan-13 10:47:28

Morning.

It is, apparently, the most depressing day of the year today: Blue Monday.

But how are you all feeling? Do tell...

Trills Mon 21-Jan-13 10:51:21

"Blue Monday" is entirely made up you know.

I'm ill, so yeah I'm feeling depressed today. I hate being ill sad

Trills Mon 21-Jan-13 10:52:26
catinthesnow Mon 21-Jan-13 10:52:49

White Monday here. <baboom tish>

Screaminabdabs Mon 21-Jan-13 10:53:14

<<moan>>

Pascha Mon 21-Jan-13 10:53:57

Been awake since 00.40 so its a bleary monday for me.

MotherSuperiorHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Jan-13 10:55:34

Trills

"Blue Monday" is entirely made up you know.

Well, this entirely self-selecting and scentifically unrigorous investigation will surely tell us either way, no? smile

Trills Mon 21-Jan-13 10:59:38

I am feeling mildly worried that I won't be able to get the train to work tomorrow (WFH on Mondays anyway) not because I am worried about getting in for work but because I have plans after work with friends and don't want to miss out.

But "mildly worried" is all, not especially blue.

DameMargotFountain Mon 21-Jan-13 11:00:18

i'm feeling better this January than i've done for years

mainly i think, because i've sacked off family members

i win wink

lubeybooby Mon 21-Jan-13 11:01:07

Happy as anything and just fine here. Quite chirpy even especially considering I've only had 3 hours sleep!

Trills Mon 21-Jan-13 11:01:07

I'v always felt that the MN sadface sad is too sad for use in most cases because of its blueness.

If someone has died then that is as sad as a face needs to be. But if I've dropped my mug and spilled coffee everywhere I might be a little bit sad, but not as sad as that blue sadface. Using the blue sadface would make it look as if I were unreasonably sad about a minor incident, and people would need to ask me if I was OK and if there was anything else wrong.

CarpeJugulum Mon 21-Jan-13 11:01:23

Yep. Slightly blue and worried - but this is ongoing for health reasons, not because of a specific day. confused

trills do you need varying shades of blue? Sky blue for minor mishap, bright azure for household calamity and full on midnight blue for the four horsemen arriving unexpectedly for tea?

My husband is off for an op today, a minor one. I'm quite chirpy with it actually.

Pascha Mon 21-Jan-13 11:10:45

Yes the blue sadface should be reserved for actual sad things. We could have a green sadface for feeling a bit ill and tired.

WowOoo Mon 21-Jan-13 11:11:56

I am most certainly blue today.
Not depressed, but down in the dumps.

Trills, thanks for the BG link. It may cheer me up.

Actually feeling quite chirpy today for someone on so little sleep.

Blue, blue!

WeatherWitch Mon 21-Jan-13 11:13:37

Much more chirpy than I was last Monday actually. Odd... I hate bloody winter and am usually grumpy as a grumpy thing until the tulips are out.

Wouldn't green sadface look too like envy face? How about a simple yellow sadface?

LostInWales Mon 21-Jan-13 11:15:36

I'm feeling quite fabulous but that might be the effects of the tramadol I've been taking for two months now, reduction in pain and as my GP wrote in my notes 'patient reports significant mood elevation from the medication'. Marvellous. grin

Tee2072 Mon 21-Jan-13 11:20:02

Why is it Blue Monday?

I'm actually feeling quite well today. Not too sore, not too much snow, plans to build a huge railroad layout with son after school.

What's to be sad about?

Sunnywithshowers Mon 21-Jan-13 11:21:01

LostinWales I bloody love tramadol. I've only had it once smile

I'm feeling pretty chirpy but am slightly concerned about getting to uni later. The trains are a bit dodgy.

pod3030 Mon 21-Jan-13 11:27:36

i've had a little bit of a cry today. am now slurping a massive hot chocolate whilst dd finally naps. so yes, there is a tinge of blueness today.

pod3030 Mon 21-Jan-13 11:28:16

i vote for a pale blue sad face

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now