Good morning HQ, how are you all today? I've had another of my ideas re. Aibu

(28 Posts)
Mintyy Fri 23-Nov-12 11:07:54

How about renaming the whole topic

Petty Gripes

?

I think that would stop people from posting chat or serious questions in the aibu topic, and petty gripes pretty accurately describes the rest of what is left in there.

Then I could hide Petty Gripes without the nagging fear that I might miss something interesting or helpful because people will not give a bit of thought to where they put their questions.

What say you?

thanks

MrsGeologist Sat 24-Nov-12 21:19:05

There needs to be an adequate holding pen for posters that use AIBU as an excuse to abandon common politeness and decency at the door.

Can mostly be heard defensively sqawking, 'but they posted in AIBU, they should expect a verbal kicking.'

I'd like AIBU to become Petty Gripes. Then I could hide it, safe in the knowledge that I'm missing nothing exciting.

NulliusInBlurba Sat 24-Nov-12 21:20:46

OK, I'll believe you grin

Naa, acksherly it was pretty clear at the time it was all ironically meant.

It was actually I think the only time I HAVE posted an AIBU, and it was something I wasn't too bothered about one way or the other, so it didn't trouble me too greatly to hear that result (and it really was a split result - not one of these unanimous 300 people saying 'you're a loon' type of things).

NulliusInBlurba Sat 24-Nov-12 21:21:44

In fact, the AIBU I posted was really a petty gripe and nothing more, so petty gripes would have been the perfect title for it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now