Every other Mumsnet page loading reeeeealllly slowly - don't think it's my computer.

(103 Posts)
BalloonSlayer Fri 26-Oct-12 17:43:53

I come on to Mumsnet, look at a couple of pages, then click to another (no particular page) and it takes an AGE to load.

I don't think it's my computer exactly - if I click onto, say the BBC it loads immediately, then back to Mumsnet and it's slow again. If I try and try eventually it will load at normal speed and I get a couple of normal speed page changes till it does it again.

Could it be a new advert? Has anyone else had this?

zukiecat Wed 31-Oct-12 19:18:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ScarahStratton Wed 31-Oct-12 19:26:15

Mine is the same. Oddly it is fine on the laptop, and on my iphone, it's the desktop that is v v slow.

Both are using Google Chrome, and I can't see why it would be one and not the other.

DazR Wed 31-Oct-12 20:42:34

It is just no fun any more!!! I have resorted to having the 'alternative' forum open (honest - I prefer mumsnet!!) and then while I'm waiting for mumsnet pages to load I can keep occupied..... Have you any idea MNHQ what is going on????

Naoko Wed 31-Oct-12 20:48:44

I'm not having this problem on my PC, but I'm using an adblocker - which does point to the ads as the guilty parties. (I know you need the revenue MN, and I do feel bad about it, but there's a whole internet full of ads that are far more invasive and annoying than yours, and I snapped about a year ago, installed the blocker and haven't looked back...)

I'm still having problems today although it does seem a little better. I don't know if it is advertising that's the issue as I have no problems on the PC, just my phone, and I don't have an adblocker.

DameMarghoulFountain Thu 01-Nov-12 14:07:33

<sighs>

i can't even vote on which MN bloke i fancy the most i think is who because it's too slow sad

BalloonSlayer Thu 01-Nov-12 14:50:26

I have developed a technique where I open 2 or 3 windows, all with Mumsnet on.

When it's working OK, I set up three different pages I want to read.

I read the first, click to a new one. Get white screen, nothing happening.

Move windows to my second pre-selected page. Read that. Click to a new one. Get white screen, nothing happening.

Move windows to my third pre-selected page. Read that. Click to a new one. By THIS time whichever advert it is buggering it all up has gone off and I have about 30 seconds to navigate mumsnet at normal speed before it all seizes up again.

DazR Thu 01-Nov-12 15:03:11

MNHQ - have you experienced the problems we are having? Have u any suggestions? Is it to do with the ads?? Should we all use ad blocking software as an earlier poster advised? This is SERIOUSLY affecting my enjoyment of your site.

DazR Thu 01-Nov-12 16:13:41

BalloonSlayer - LOVING your technique (multi windows is the way to go!!!)

DameMargotFountain Fri 02-Nov-12 11:00:50

Plllleeeeeeeeese sort this out!!

i want to join the web-chat on Gransnet but Sandi will think I'm a doddery ole duffer who can't work a 'puter if i can't join in properly

i AM a gran now though!!! grin

<looks for knitting emoticon>

and yes, i have been deliberately ageist to grab attention to this sad

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 02-Nov-12 11:30:44

Hello. We're not aware of any problems with loading today.

Are folks still experiencing problems?

All ok here on laptop. Google chrome.

I had problems first thing but nothing at the moment... <crosses fingers>

DameMargotFountain Fri 02-Nov-12 13:14:15

yup, so much so i'm going out into REAL LIFE shock

it's not as frequent, but still happening <sigh>

BalloonSlayer Fri 02-Nov-12 17:10:58

Been out all day.

Got home - it's the worst it's ever been.

I use Google Chrome. In desperation I started up Internet Explorer to see if it is any faster. White screen . . . pause . . . strain . . . it has loaded the entire page in a strip 3" wide with fonts that look like the first ever internet pages.

< sigh >

Mine's almost back to normal, it's only freezing up every 20 pages or so now. Hopefully yours will improve soon!

bebejones Fri 02-Nov-12 18:18:53

Still slow loading here, although not quite as painful as it was a few days ago!! Am mostly just MNing on my phone at the moment just because I know that it's going to load!!

AgentZigzag Fri 02-Nov-12 20:43:32

I just came on to say mine's still on Go Slow and it started speed loading hmm

It knew I was going to come and grass it up didn't it? hmm

It's definitely not my computer because it's as slow quick as it usually is, I'm on Firefox if that makes any difference?

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 02-Nov-12 20:54:44

grr
Sorry about this.

DameMargotFountain Fri 02-Nov-12 20:56:50

<weeps>

look, you've made me cry into my [wine cocoa

Is anyone else still having this? It's not as frequent as it was but it's still annoying.

DameMargotFountain Sun 04-Nov-12 10:14:50

yup

i bet NetMums don't have this issue hmm

grin

AgentZigzag Sun 04-Nov-12 12:15:28

I've maybe found what's wrong with my firefox grin

It seems a little better this morning, but after the age it took to load pages last night it might just be relative.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 04-Nov-12 12:41:23

That firefox error does seem unusual grin
Sorry Dame Margot

DameMargotFountain Sun 04-Nov-12 18:15:05

i've got an amber warning when i try to sign in to MN

do tech want me to PM/email the description of the warning?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now