Let's just abolish The Royal family

(20 Posts)
QueenEdith Thu 31-May-12 19:03:32

The forum, that is.

I thought it was there so those who wanted to discuss all matters Royal could do so in a place that was easy for those who think it vapid twaddle to hide, but easy for those who like it to find it. And there was some lamenting at the Cambridge's first wedding anniversary, from those who wanted to look back at the threads of the time, that most of what was posted at the time was not there and could not be found.

But there have been only a couple of Jubilee threads in there, and only 5 threads in total the last month. There are more started daily eslewhere. Posting there is the kiss of death. It's perfectly clear that posters do want to talk about the Jubilee, and Royals, and succession; just not in this specific forum.

Hence suggestion that it be got rid of. There are too many forums already, and, unless this thread spurs and readers here to use it (or MN move some Royal threads there to encourage more diverse use of boards) this one is a failed experiment.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-May-12 19:19:15

Thanks Queen Edith. Anyone else agree?

QueenEdith Fri 01-Jun-12 07:01:57

Tumbleweed!

Really, even mentioning the place is kiss of death.

Personally, I think it's a shame. It's one of the areas where (at times of major events) people would look and be interested in seeing what was there. So I'd like to see a couple of threads moved in there as a last ditch to try to encourage use.

But I think the utter silence from everyone else probably means abolish.

SirSillyBuntingOfDaddyman Fri 01-Jun-12 07:12:16

Off with it's head! grin

SoupDragon Fri 01-Jun-12 07:14:51

The problem is that no one put up the bunting and arranged to shut the road for the street party. It's not surprising no one's there.

As an aside, can we have a special [bunting] emoticon?

HMQueenElizabeth Fri 01-Jun-12 07:19:47

Could not the royal family posts just be moved? I didn't even know there was a royal family topic.

On another note, will we be having Queen smileys in honour of the jubilee?

SirSillyBuntingOfDaddyman Fri 01-Jun-12 07:20:41

Maybe a corgi...

UnRoyalCharter Fri 01-Jun-12 07:22:15

i didn't realise there was a Royal Family section

TanteRose Fri 01-Jun-12 07:22:55

have you not noticed the Mumsnet logo yet?

<curtseys to ma'am>

SirSillyBuntingOfDaddyman Fri 01-Jun-12 07:23:40

Ma'amsnet grin

UnRoyalCharter Fri 01-Jun-12 07:25:25

i hope there's a [royal wave] emoticon grin

QueenEdith Fri 01-Jun-12 13:04:36

There's a crown

UnRoyalCharter Fri 01-Jun-12 13:05:31

oohhhhhhhhhh!
crown

RillaBlythe Fri 01-Jun-12 13:09:47

could the Royal threads be moved to that forum? I would love it I could then hide the whole lot in one fell swoop

OhChristFENTON Fri 01-Jun-12 13:12:31

I don't understand 'mentioning it is the kiss of death' ? What happens, - does a member of the RF get hauled orf to the guillotine at the mere mention? - are we every time one step closer to the next in line?

I didn't even know there was a 'The Royal Family' topic tbh.

so there..

We are not amused - and all that.

crown

QueenEdith Fri 01-Jun-12 18:31:05

I meant that posting in it at the moment is more or a less a guarantee it will be overlooked. And a thread talking about it seemed to have the same fate (as at the time of the "kiss of death" post, no one but me was interested).

Thread death, either way!

PrincessFiorimonde Fri 01-Jun-12 23:44:20

I didn't even realise there was a royal family topic.

But then, I've only just realised there are hundreds lots of topics that I didn't previously know existed either.

Perhaps a severe pruning might be in order?

(Note how no one in that pic is even bothering to look...)

EdithWeston Fri 14-Sep-12 07:12:20

Would you look at this again?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Sep-12 11:29:40

Yes indeedy. Thanks for the prod.

Definite pruning needed on some tumbleweed topics <adds to to-do list>

Derkyderpy Sun 16-Sep-12 21:24:00

Just re-name it "The Royal Bay-bee" or "Is Kate pregnant yet?" or "The Royal stretchmarks". Or "Sleb twaddle" - oh, wait...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now