End of Key stage 3 target versus predicted end of KS3 predicted level.

(27 Posts)
cece Mon 04-Feb-13 19:19:43

DD has had her interim Year 7 report. She is in Year 7 and my eldest so I am new to all of this.

However, I am concerned that she does not seem to be on track to meet any of her end of KS3 targets. For instance she is targeted Level 7/8 for maths but her forecasted level is only a 7. Her English target is 7 but she is forecast a 6. Worse of all her food tech is targetted 6/7 but she is only forecast to get a level 5.

Her sttitude scores are either good or outstanding so I think she must be making enough effort.

Would I be making too much fuss to contact her tutor about this? It says in the accompanying letter that we can do that if we have any concerns.

cece Wed 06-Feb-13 17:07:47

I agree!

wherearemysocka Wed 06-Feb-13 21:51:13

I agree on the massive dosage of salt needed. Levels are terribly subjective and students progress through them at different rates. If she were wildly down on her levels in year 9, then maybe there would be cause for concern, but I can't see how you can make an accurate prediction in year 7 for a level in year 9.

They really don't mean that much anyway and if her attitude scores are good then I'm sure she'll progress at her own pace. Please don't stress - there's a time for that in year 10 and year 11 when the grades actually mean something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now