Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Punching a wall

(30 Posts)
spiritedaway Thu 07-Mar-13 10:52:36

My ex feels it is ok to leave our dc age 2 and 4 in the care of his brother. He is generally a lovely guy but issues keep cropping up. Most recently he broke his hand punching a wall in anger during a row with his girlfriend. I believe he also kicked the bathroom door open when she locked herself in. Ex seems to feel it was just silliness. Is wall punching worrying? Does anyone else know a man who has done this and what sort of man is he? This guy is mid 30's, no kids, has a good job etc.

mummytime Thu 07-Mar-13 16:04:06

Sparklyboots - how old are your children? Most play dates involve children going back with a friend after school, so not really supervised. But they are part of a normal childhood.

Sparklyboots Thu 07-Mar-13 23:04:57

Well, the OPs DC are 4 and 2, so I suppose the 4yo might be doing tea-after-school stuff but I haven't come across drop-off 2yo play dates?

Greensleeves Thu 07-Mar-13 23:08:35

I would be contemptuous of a man who punched a wall in temper tbh. How old is he? 11?

cestlavielife Thu 07-Mar-13 23:20:53

Who is punching walls . Your ex or his brother ?? I am unclear who is hitting walls. Whoever it is thou it isn't normal and it isn't good.

You can't control what you're ex does in his contact time or who he leaves the do with. You have to trust him to leave them properly cared for. IF you don't trust him or his brother that is a different matter.

BerylStreep Fri 08-Mar-13 00:14:47

Your ex seems petty and abusive.

I went out with a wall and door puncher, many years ago. He was also an alcoholic, and for a laugh, pointed a shotgun in my face.

In his case, I think it was restricted to when he was drunk, and I doubt he would have been violent around any random visiting children, however that's not to say your ex's brother wouldn't.

I would be inclined to call his bluff. Once SS or police have been called a few times he is going to look like a complete dick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now