Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So he was a cocklodger. What does that say about me?

(59 Posts)
BesameBesame Sat 09-Feb-13 20:35:21

I'm staring another thread because I've come to the conclusion he was a cocklodger. I googled it. He fits the description almost to a tee.

No wonder he went so easily. He must have been waiting daily for me to get a grip and kick him out. And he had the nerve to say my timing was bad, he'd got nowhere to go and no worldly goods to show.

FFS! I need to rant some…..

TDada Sun 10-Feb-13 23:52:05

Should be a national register of cocklodgers?

TrippleBerryFairy Mon 11-Feb-13 00:30:17

What it says about you? That you had the experience, learned and won't be repeating it. I had a milder version of this in the past (when I was young and inexperienced), the guy borrowed some money (supposedly for uni books, 'threatening' to WALK from one big city in USA to another if I don't give as he apparently had nothing on him... oh turn back the clock I would tell him to hit the road NOW)

mercury7 Mon 11-Feb-13 01:49:55

I recently found out that my ex had c*cklodged with 4 other women before he met me..he'd obviously had plenty of time to polish up his moves before he moved in with me.
When I found out everything kinda fell into place and made sense
It was years and years ago had no idea at the time blush

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 11-Feb-13 07:53:12

(Guessing Paternal Grandfather)

TDada Mon 11-Feb-13 22:39:12

With house prices being what they are......

BesameBesame Tue 12-Feb-13 07:54:38

Tdada then they could all live in the same shit place and we can call it Misogynists Road.grin

TDada Tue 12-Feb-13 20:06:51

Besame- lol grin

BesameBesame Thu 14-Feb-13 21:11:57

This last week has been so good.

My stress levels have gone RIGHT down. I've eaten what I want when I want. I've got up in the morning and actually wanted to go to work rather than crawl back under the covers and escape just for some time alone. I've been out. I've arranged to cook my bessie mate a meal at the weekend and much wine will be had. I'm calm and I've been singing in the car. And I've realised what a heavy load I've been carrying all these months - which wasn't mine to carry.

But he has to come back and get some stuff he forgot to take. I don't know when it'll be but I know i will be fine with it.

I won't be making that mistake again. Next bloke who declares he loves me when he doesn't even know me will get the heave-ho.

We live and learn don't we. grin

something2say Thu 14-Feb-13 21:24:16

We do indeed x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now