Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Are you happy?

(57 Posts)
MySonIsMyWorld Thu 13-Dec-12 21:02:12

Im just curious to know are you happy in your realtionship? How long have you been together? Do you still cuddle and tell each other you love each other?

Its dawned on me a few days ago, I'm not happy in my realtionship in fact ive not been happy for a while but been in mega denial - we have been together nearlly three years and i'm miserable in fact i love it when dp is at work (thats bad isnt it) we dont touch or tell each other we love each other anymore and after the stuff he has put me through i never will love him again i dont think.....

SleepyLittleSunshineGirl Fri 14-Dec-12 21:19:26

No. Dread the weekends, go to bed early to avoid him in the evenings. No affection. He doesn't do sex either. I am very unhappy and on the verge of leaving. There is nothing positive to say. I find it hard to be in the same room, TBH.

allthatglittersisnotgold Fri 14-Dec-12 21:37:23

Not overly, been together for 4 and a half yets. Own a property and a dog. Irritate each other, find his inability to apologise annoyif. Wants children I don't. Says he would do most of the work, bit forgets basic things I ask him to do, so he wouldn't it would be me remembering all the children things. I surprise him with nice things, never get a random surprise back. Also even though we are in early thirties (very early) we don't sleep in same rooms anymore. Sex the odd weekend. God sounds terrible written down!

TheSecondComing Fri 14-Dec-12 22:00:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThePinkOcelot Fri 14-Dec-12 22:08:22

No, I am not happy. However, I am not unhappy! Does that make sense?
We have been together 28 years and we have 2 dds. DH was involved in an accident 15 years ago and has been unable to work since. He is often ill and spends days in bed. I think that has affected our relationship. I wonder what it would have been like had he not had that accident.

SleepyLittleSunshineGirl Fri 14-Dec-12 22:09:52

TSC that's lovely, and where our relationships are different. Because I know when the chips are down he hasn't got my back.

cjel Fri 14-Dec-12 22:12:30

Was with exdh for over 30 years when he got girlfriend!! I left. Spent all of marriage trying to please and avoid his moods,I spent a lort of my life in several breakdowns/depression etc. Had counselling 9 years ago realised he didn't treat me right but stayed to try and change things then gf so I left. Hasn't been easy ad I do spend time lonely but am so much happier even in my loneliness, I no longer have to dread weekends/holidays/ key in the door. start to build your new life and plan it before you go so that you are excited and look forward. Hugsxxx

TheSecondComing Fri 14-Dec-12 22:16:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now