Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I alone in not wanting sex with my teenager in the room next door!!!

(16 Posts)
Mrsrobertduvallsaysboo Sun 18-Nov-12 09:36:43

Dd now goes to bed after us, and has a penchant for bursting in to the bedroom to use my eyemakeup remover.
We now lock the door.

Occasionally. In fact very occasionally.

HoleyGhost Sun 18-Nov-12 09:36:08

You need to use punctuation :O

dashoflime Sun 18-Nov-12 09:33:25

Tip from my Mum who kept teenage student lodgers for years: bath sponges taped to the backs to headboards to prevent banging!

NorthernNobody Sun 18-Nov-12 09:25:10

Pausingforbreath grin

Solid walls here. Makes it all better!

racytrace Sun 18-Nov-12 09:22:02

Dear pausing for breath, ha ha thats just the sort of thing my teenager would do!!

racytrace Sun 18-Nov-12 09:21:29

Dear hatpin, yes my 17 yr old sleeps in late in the morning but my other 2 9 and 6 get up at 6ish and they are just across the hallway! We will just have to lock the door etc!!

areyousittingcomfortably Sun 18-Nov-12 00:51:48

pausing for breath shock

This is one of the reasons I looked for bedrooms that weren't immediately adjacent when we moved house! It's still awkward, but tbh I've always been frank with DS about these things so I wouldn't say it's mortifying. It's not quite as fun as when it's just me and DH, and I have to make a real effort to keep the noise down, but I'd never let it get in the way of our sex life!

MayTheOddsBeEverInYourFavour Sat 17-Nov-12 20:58:06

We have a lock on the door and turn the music up grin

If we waited till all six dc were asleep or out we'd never do it!

SugaricePlumFairy Sat 17-Nov-12 20:55:26

I'm exactly the same, we have 3 teenage ds's and I never relax if I think they're still awake.

We have morning sex, it's much more fun and they are always asleep grin

pausingforbreath Sat 17-Nov-12 20:39:42

This isn't going to help you.
I have a teenage son.
A few weeks ago ' we had just finished' and were 'in the glow' at approx 2.30am.
My phone announced a text message received. My h said ' who's that at this time'.
I looked and showed H . From my son it said
' you woke me up :-// '
We could of gone 2 ways mortified/amused. We found it very funny and to this day have not asked him if he waited until we finished to send it so as not to interrupt.....,

Hatpin Sat 17-Nov-12 19:47:07

Does he sleep in late in the mornings?!

racytrace Sat 17-Nov-12 18:19:59

Thanks for all your posts. I like the idea of sending him to bed early but unfortunately he is 17 and most nights I am asleep before he even considers it.

EugenesAxe - I see what you mean, now I am mortified!!!!!! shock

haha my friend had her 12-yr-old DD shout "I can hear you, you know" kind of put them off for a while! YANBU at all

EugenesAxe Sat 17-Nov-12 18:14:24

Your thread title can be read two ways there, OP.

Personally I don't think YABU... but it depends on the teenager. They are likely to be more mortified than you, if it's any consolation.

LynetteScavo Sat 17-Nov-12 18:14:15

No, I check he is asleep, really asleep, then close all the doors.

Can you imagine your teenager hearing you? It would be mortifying all round!

On Saturday nights he thinks I tell him he needs to go to bed before 10pm because I'm mean. Little does he know....

racytrace Sat 17-Nov-12 18:11:54

My DH thinks I am silly, but I just find it a bit uncomfortable. It will be obvious what we are doing, however quiet you try to be!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now