Continuity announcements - gems and gaffes

(12 Posts)
ErrolTheDragon Fri 17-Apr-15 13:40:10

It occurred to me listening to the R4 continuity announcer at lunchtime that people who use podcasts etc may miss some small gems. What inspired me to start this thread was the trail for the lunchtime Archers repeat:

"Rob is being a pain in the ar.....chers".

DoctorTwo Fri 17-Apr-15 22:04:47

From yesterday, the intro to The Archers... and Rob is feeling the strain - excellent

Ha. I'm not his biggest fan.

ErrolTheDragon Fri 17-Apr-15 23:03:39

I don't think the CAs are either grin

toldmywrath Sun 19-Apr-15 16:41:46

Thank you Errol! I am an omnibus listener & I do like to know the CA's.

ErrolTheDragon Sun 19-Apr-15 22:17:22

After tonight's TA ending with more rob skullduggery it was something like "I bet he he wears a cloak lined with red silk" - lovely panto villain image

The CAs must love rob. Don't they have anything to say about anything else?

Jacana Sun 26-Apr-15 18:20:47

Tip= Alan smith, one of the c/a's is an Archers listener. His comments are sometimes more of a highlight than the b.programme itselfgrin

And do you check into Nancy Banks Smith's monthly offering in the Guardian 'a month in ambridge' ? Next one about due I think.

Icimoi Mon 27-Apr-15 16:02:40

There's a link to the Nancy B-S article in the main Archers thread.

Jacana Mon 27-Apr-15 17:34:42

Thanks Ici, just seen it smile

aoife24 Fri 01-May-15 22:36:53

I heard a continuity announcer on R4 saying that Rudolf Hess was in Spandau Balletgrin

TheFnozwhowasmirage Wed 13-May-15 20:14:26

I was listening the TA today at work,on my phone and 'The Archers,Rob does Pip' scrolled across my screen. Then my headphones broke,so I don't know what that meant.

Icimoi Mon 01-Jun-15 19:56:23

Tonight, just after Ruth got the news about her mother's stroke:

Well, here's a solution - sell the farm and move North!

Kirk1 Tue 02-Jun-15 16:41:38

Yeah, I snorted at that one grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now