Can I PLEASE just have 13 minutes? 13 measly minutes to myself to listen to The Archers?

(980 Posts)
PseudoBadger Tue 11-Mar-14 20:16:12

Come and enjoy awkward dinner parties galore!

AllMimsyWereTheBorogroves Tue 11-Mar-14 20:19:01

Marking place!

GypsyFloss Tue 11-Mar-14 20:20:56

And me

ComposHat Tue 11-Mar-14 20:23:34

Ditto

WipsGlitter Tue 11-Mar-14 20:24:00

Me too. Missed tonight's episode - catch up later or tomorrow.

& - just a sec - where did he go to get the steaks? It couldn't have been the village shop - he'd have been stuck for hours on the Borchester by-pass if he went anywhere else

I reckon he keeps a meat cleaver in the car & slaughtered one of Brookfield's Herefords

ZeroSomeGameThingy Tue 11-Mar-14 20:30:25

Well I was spluttering the word "Bastard" all through supper with some tolerant relatives who didn't mind the radio in the background. And all I wanted to do was rush for my phone to come and swear at Rob here. He was appalling.angry

Oh I love a new thread. (And new freaky people who listened at university. It really wasnt just me!) Thanks Pseudowine

Thanks for the new thread

GypsyFloss Tue 11-Mar-14 20:33:20

These threads have really grown haven't they. I love seeing new people coming in and admitting their addiction grin

Bluestocking Tue 11-Mar-14 20:33:32

Hello, you two!
That epi was really disturbing. The subtle putdowns masquerading as supportive (comparing her hair to a Yorkshire terrier, vetoing the stirfry at the last moment) and stopping her from going to Henry were straight out of the EA playbook, which I'm all too familiar with from the Relationships section of MN. Not sure I would have heard it the same way without the MN education.
At least Ian sees him for the horror he is, although I'm hoping this is played out over the right timetable for real EA, rather than Helen coming to her senses in a fortnight.

WhatSheSaid Tue 11-Mar-14 20:44:23

Marking place

Eastpoint Tue 11-Mar-14 20:55:37

Sorry I just posted on the old thread saying how annoying he was telling her to sort out her hair. What a pain and how rude.

JollyGolightly Tue 11-Mar-14 20:58:18

"you're a good little cook"

hmm

BonaDea Tue 11-Mar-14 20:59:58

I missed it. What is Rob the Nob up to now please?

ZeroSomeGameThingy Tue 11-Mar-14 21:00:08

Bluestocking just reading it is putting up my heart rate again. I was furious.

And it is so well written. I found myself examining every sentence he uttered because almost any of them, in isolation, might be just a man being a bit of a pain, or clumsy, or unwittingly overbearing. But all together - and combined with what's gone before - it was so insidious, and threatening and horrifying and and and...

angry again.

bringonyourwreckingball Tue 11-Mar-14 21:02:47

"you're a good little cook' had me swearing at the radio in a manner most inappropriate for when the kids are still around. He is such a bastard. Surely to goodness Ian will tell her what a cock he is. Surely.

Primadonnagirl Tue 11-Mar-14 21:03:43

And I hope the scriptwriters don't just suddenly drop this storyline like they often do..what could happen next??? Maybe he beds Pat ...Tells Jess he is the victim of domestic violence at the hands of Helen..gets his hands on Helen's money definitely..

PseudoBadger Tue 11-Mar-14 21:03:49

Poor poor Henry sad That's it, she's already chosen Rob over him sad

BonaDea Tue 11-Mar-14 21:06:00

Please tell me. hmm

Redcliff Tue 11-Mar-14 21:09:31

Great title badger ! Good point re the stakes - I did think there was a big supermarket nearby which formed a story line many moons ago.

TypicaLibra Tue 11-Mar-14 21:17:10

As I listened, I was fairly sure wondered if Rob had taken away the mid-sleeper steps so Henry couldn't get down.

Rob's EA is being depicted really well - some episodes he seems reasonably normal, then there are hints of a short fuse and other times indications of simmering menace. He plays with us listeners (Is he EA ... oh maybe I'm wrong, no he definitely is) just the same as a new partner gets sucked in, has vague doubts, then is reassured, all the while becoming more and more insecure .....

Well done on this scripties!

ZeroSomeGameThingy Tue 11-Mar-14 21:18:19

Bonadea can you really not get to iPlayer before Sunday? It really was one of those things you need to hear rather than have reported....

PseudoBadger Tue 11-Mar-14 21:19:39

Definitely worth a listen Bona

cryhavoc Tue 11-Mar-14 21:19:58

I've lurked on these threads for ages, am joining in this time.

I'm a bit worried about the Brookfield lot. When Daveeeeed was telling Kenton how much he loves his life the other day, I was reminded of Nigel telling Daveeeeeed a similar thing.

Up on the roof.

This sent alarm bells ringing that all the Peaky Ruth stuff is a red herring, and something terrible might happen to David. I like David.

Lomaamina Tue 11-Mar-14 21:22:32

Over here we're wondering if Hellin will have the scales fall from her eyes when rob has a swipe at Henry. It seems as she'll take any abuse from him. As for the breathless 'what a wonderful evening'! She clearly hasn't a clue. And how dare he forbid her from going to Henry. How on earth would he know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now