aarrgghh! Paul is so creepy. Run Lillian while you still can.

(42 Posts)
HearMyRoar Fri 15-Feb-13 19:17:09

I don't understand why she can't see it. He's going to lock her in his basement I'm sure.

<shudder>

Songbird Tue 05-Mar-13 17:11:05

Catching up with the omnibus. Oh my god, the giggling! I can't take any more.

ppeatfruit Mon 04-Mar-13 12:52:15

R4 grin olivia Sounds like your MIL is another TA freak like me grin

R4 Mon 04-Mar-13 12:47:11

pp you are very norty. How can I possibly try to sustain the idea that Paul is sexy, now that I have the image of Godfrey in my mind's eye.grin

TheOriginalSteamingNit Mon 04-Mar-13 12:33:11

Right, I shall be listening out for any references to nipping to the loo!

Oh I remember him saying his ex said he was controlling - that can't just be incidental, can it?

HumphreyCobbler Mon 04-Mar-13 12:16:43

grin

OliviaAllOverTheSpamMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Mar-13 12:15:31

HumphreyCobbler

My favourite Archers affair was Brian/Siobhan/Jenny triangle. That was brilliant. I remember what I was doing when Jennifer found out, DH and I were texting each other. OMG! WTF! etc etc

I got a text out of the blue from my MIL once (she v rarely texts at all, let alone me) "Why is Betty in the hospital?" Hadn't been listening and was racking brain to think who TF is Betty?!?!

WillColbert Mon 04-Mar-13 12:13:02

The 'kidney' theory is a great one and hadn't occurred to me!

I recently caught up on previous Archers affairs with the 'Ambridge Affairs' CDs. Very entertaining!

ppeatfruit Mon 04-Mar-13 11:59:48

If he was having kidney problems wouldn't he be running to the loo all the time like Godfrey in Dad's Army? grin

R4 Mon 04-Mar-13 11:56:03

I quite liked the 'day out' episode, relatively speaking. They actually behaved like normal people doing couple-ly stuff instead of spending every minute bonking and laughing in an allegedlyhmm suggestive manner.
I agree about him dying - that was my immediate thought - but the kidney idea is priceless.
He wasn't controlling this week OSN. A while ago in conversation (must have been one of the few occasions when they weren't bonking) he said that his ex called him controlling.

ppeatfruit Mon 04-Mar-13 11:54:44

IMO Lil loves Paul's kindness and care he can obviously get it up too grin (Matt. is not exactly thoughtful except falsely 'cos he knows she's up to something and he's trying his damndest to hang on to her and the Dower House of course) grin)

HumphreyCobbler Mon 04-Mar-13 11:48:11

I heard that episode TWICE ppeatfruit blush

It would be better if Paul sounded remotely sexy. At the beginning I could see why Lillian needed the support, but now it is a mystery what she sees in him.

My favourite Archers affair was Brian/Siobhan/Jenny triangle. That was brilliant. I remember what I was doing when Jennifer found out, DH and I were texting each other. OMG! WTF! etc etc

TheOriginalSteamingNit Mon 04-Mar-13 11:46:18

OOh, we think Paul might be dying, too! Too much chat about how the painting will always remind them of their lovely day etc. The kidney idea is genius!

But I missed a few at the end of the week - what controlling did he do?

ppeatfruit Mon 04-Mar-13 11:43:20

She should grow up, she must be in her 60's there doesn't seem to be much navel gazing going on (i mean where will it end?) hmm IN TEARS IMO !!!!!!

HumphreyCobbler Mon 04-Mar-13 11:35:18

Paul was SO keen to show Lillian the artisan furniture makers hmm

ppeatfruit Mon 04-Mar-13 11:24:10

OliviaAll In the ep. where Paul and Lil go out for the day to buy stuff for the new flat (Thursday's?) they buy a painting just as they leave an antique fair (i know I should get out more grin)

OliviaAllOverTheSpamMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Mar-13 11:18:14

I think I missed an episode - what painting?

OliviaAllOverTheSpamMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Mar-13 11:16:16

She so should live in Rickyard
or move in with SPencer?
Or does he still live with his 'rents too?
and maybe spencer's little bro the trouble maker who was friends with Jamie?

ppeatfruit Mon 04-Mar-13 09:41:13

She's 20 FFS I didn't tell my family what I was doing at that age (admittedly she's helping on the farm) grin

ppeatfruit Mon 04-Mar-13 09:39:27

Pip's just angling to move out into the empty place that was left by Emmuh and Ed.

NormaStanleyFletcher Mon 04-Mar-13 09:36:57

Kidney idea is genius

WishIdbeenatigermum Mon 04-Mar-13 09:34:40

grin at the plot line of Paul's kidney!

DystopianReality Mon 04-Mar-13 09:32:44

I could shoot Pip (and Tom) but Pip would get the first bullet in the head.

Also, I'm sick of the crooning over Bethany. I heard how much of a water baby she was three times in three days last week ( not sure how it happend but same episode on Thurs/ Fri and Sunday).

Love the kidney idea

ppeatfruit Mon 04-Mar-13 09:27:00

i didn't hear Paul say "my ex said i was too controlling" very interesting grin he's a dead creep then grin.

ppeatfruit Mon 04-Mar-13 09:24:34

Also princess if Paul pegs it how would Lil explain a flat and a painting suddenly acquired?

PrincessFiorimonde Fri 01-Mar-13 08:30:48

Love the kidney idea. Even without that, like the thought that if Paul pegs it, how does Lilian explain her grief?

(That last sentence sounds so heartless and bad taste. Just have to remind myself I'm not wishing ill on a real person ...)

R4, I forgive you for shooting my theory down in flames with your well-reasoned argument.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now