Always knew Peggy was a hideous old trout ....

(10 Posts)
JollyGolightly Sun 17-Feb-13 21:12:00

Has matt played away? Must have been during one of my many breaks from Ambridge. I always end up going back, despite disliking most of the characters, and the lamentable lack of cow's-arse storylines these days.

Chottie Sun 17-Feb-13 19:38:21

I love the Archers too.

What do you think about the Matt / Lillian / Paul Triangle? I can't believe that Matt doesn't know, he's played away several times over the years, so should know all the signs and recognise all the limp excuses.

Peggy is dreadful, but at least she must be a good actress as she makes you want to put your hand into the radio & grab her by her superior, entitled throat.

The actress who plays Jill is awful. Always sounds like she's reading her lines to a class of pre-schoolers, or people whose grasp of English is tenuous.

And why do ALL the children have cut-glass accents, regardless of whether their parents are squire or serf??

superfluouscurves Thu 07-Feb-13 08:24:31

Thanks grants will definitely start down-loading BBC pod-casts (am one of the few luddites who haven't signed up to Facebook)

grants1000 Wed 06-Feb-13 17:04:38

You need to get on this FB Archers Appreciation page, just request to join. You will become addicted before you know it. I listen on the podcast each night before bed, can't sleep without it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2215391357/

superfluouscurves Tue 05-Feb-13 21:42:41

Grants oh I missed it today!!

Fair enough ...I'll take your word for it then but remain to be convinced ...smile

Tbh, I haven't been listening in for that long ...but was possibly put off by an interview with the actress who plays Peggy who had a dreadful on-air rant about her grand-daughter (in rl) never coming to see her ... so perhaps that is clouding my judgement.

Good point chocc!

grants1000 Tue 05-Feb-13 16:59:58

See! She sent a card, hand made, with her birth flower, carnations I think?

choccyp1g Portugal Tue 05-Feb-13 10:11:11

At least they are keeping Peggy true to her character; most of Ambridge seem to change personalities every six weeks to suit the scriptwriters latest mad plot-twists.

grants1000 Mon 04-Feb-13 22:05:10

Nooooooo! Just old school, as she said in her day downs children were institutionalised. She did say at lunch she felt bad, so I reckon she'll be round vickies ASAP with scones and a sorry!

superfluouscurves Mon 04-Feb-13 14:40:47

That's it really grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now