I have gone bravely forth into AmbridgeExtra for your benefit and now I know stuff.

(30 Posts)
CuttedUpPear Thu 24-Jan-13 17:43:20

Annoyed by R4's pathetic attempts to lure us into Ambridge Extra by only giving half the storylines in the Archers, I felt duty bound to go over and find out what the hell is going on.

Bob Pullen (RIP) apparently no big friend of anyone in Ambridge, prophesied his own death, to the day it would seem, since he somehow managed to travel to Liverpool and stick envelopes all over the place with clues in ready to be found by Jim, Joe and whatsisname.

This leads the gents to a some scouse landlady friend of bob and then onto a ridiculous treasure hunt taking in lady friend's own dead parents and Red Rum (where said lady friend answers most of the riddles and appears to have some sacrosact knowledge of old dead Bob who stayed in her B&B once a year).

Cue a raft of 'friendly northener' cameos and stereotypes agogo. I think the Liverpool Tourist Board must have bunged a wad of used oncers over to get their image promoted on R4.

It was all a bit "Three Men in a Boat" - the scriptwriter is clearly wasted in Ambridge.

There is a twist but it's nothing that will impact on Jazzer's milk round.

Well that's 25 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

GrendelsMum Mon 28-Jan-13 20:41:55

I bravely take on the baton...

R4 Tue 29-Jan-13 09:00:50

Thank you to our AmEx reporters.smile

Can I add myself to the Outraged of Ambridge posse. What was that story last night about Pip, on virgin cocktails, staying up past midnight!?shockshock I shall phone my student DD forthwith to get assurances that she is not behaving like this, and is tucked up in bed with cocoa at 10:30.

What happened to the mega-keen Pip and why do all her stories seem to revolve around unsuitable friends / boyfriends (Izzy, Joood, the ski-ing crowd)

Panzee Wed 30-Jan-13 10:47:14

omletta that's what I was shouting at the radio last week! David needs a shake too.

CuttedUpPear Wed 30-Jan-13 11:37:10

I love the way that Pip is having her teen crisis now, when she was such a perfect farmer's daughter in her young teens.

It's as if the scriptwriters forgot to schedule in all those strops a few years ago so they are doing it now grin

PseudoBadger Wed 30-Jan-13 11:39:24

Pip is tokenteen smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now