Talk radio shows like James Whale, Ian Collins etc

(10 Posts)
GrassIsntGreener Fri 13-Jul-12 21:47:58

I used to love listening to talk radio back in the day, love loved Ceaser the Geezer though I know it's not to everyone's taste. Found him when I was a teenager and was thoroughly entertained.

Lately I've been seeking someone similar, a good, entertaining, topical phone in show.

There don't seem to be any sad I know there are plays, stories and audio books but it isn't the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks

Olbasoil Mon 16-Jul-12 15:32:49

LBC. Especially Friday/Saturday 10pm with Nick Abbott. I remember ceased, is he still alive? Do you remember Mile Dicken, very sad that he died.

SucksToBeMe Mon 16-Jul-12 15:34:29

Another vote here for LBC.

germyrabbit Mon 16-Jul-12 15:34:56

really like james o'brien on LBC and Vanessa on Radio London - both are very entertaining and clever!

GrassIsntGreener Mon 16-Jul-12 18:09:33

Thank you, that's really helpful I do miss my night-time radio shows.

I think Ceaser is still around, but maybe not working I think he was seen as too below the belt. He was at talk radio one day, the next he had gone!

KnickerKnockers Thu 26-Jul-12 22:41:17

I heart Vanessa Feltz on BBC London. She is Amazeballs on the radio. I love her style and shuzpah.

KnickerKnockers Thu 26-Jul-12 22:42:28

I should add that she comes across far better than her previous TV form.

chattynick Tue 21-Aug-12 22:01:02

LBC is the best!! James o'brien on at 11 and James whale at 16:00.

mumofjust1 Fri 14-Sep-12 22:07:45

I love LBC! Some really funny callers late at night, and James O'Brien is fab! smile

Bearcat Thu 18-Oct-12 20:14:10

Love LBC too and if you're not in London listen on Internet.
I even listen on iPad when we're abroad on holiday these days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now