Eddie Mair fans - did you listen tonight?

(61 Posts)
Hassled Wed 29-Feb-12 20:07:46

Did the man get on the bus to Swansea? I need to know.

Hassled Wed 29-Feb-12 21:03:11

They said they'd report on how he got on tomorrow. I am another one rooting for him and wanting to hear. smile

Hassled Wed 29-Feb-12 21:15:36

Oh thank you thank you thank you smile. I didn't miss him, after all.
A friend came round and I couldn't say "lovely to see you but I have to know about a man and a bus"

Yama Wed 29-Feb-12 21:20:15

I love Eddie Mair but don't get to listen every day. Anyway, this thread prompted me to google Mr Mair, just to see what he looks like. Blimy, he doesn't look like I expected him to.

Ponders Wed 29-Feb-12 21:29:00

they are going to cover today's special activities tomorrow

(apart from the tattoo parlour, which was wonderful grin)

I love Eddie grin

Ponders Wed 29-Feb-12 21:40:58

I love Eddie too

he's so sweet with people who need it (he could have done Home Truths, I reckon, if they'd kept it going)

& so snippy with people who need that grin

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lionelblairs Wed 29-Feb-12 21:53:14

I rather liked: (to Robert Peston) "you are getting on my nerves now."

And

"yes Robert we should do this again, see you in 2016."

MrsWembley Wed 29-Feb-12 21:53:24

YY to Eddie!grin My absolute favourite person on the radio. I miss him doing BH, though Paddy is quite good.

I missed the first half of tonight's PM and couldn't concentrate with the rest once DP arrived home with DD.angry Loved the tattoo parlour bit.

What happened to man and bus?

Ponders Wed 29-Feb-12 21:59:40

I just googled Eddie & found this from the Telegraph:

"For a long time I have had a bitter and angry feud with the BBC's Business Editor, Robert Peston. Who knows what it was originally about (I do) and who can remember whose fault it was (Robert's)"

ROFL grin

Hassled Wed 29-Feb-12 22:01:09

Yay! to all these Eddie fans. Will have to iPlayer tonight's then, if I missed tattoo woman and Peston.

MrsWembley Wed 29-Feb-12 22:01:45

Oh, he occasionally mentions the feud.gringrin Even if it is real, it's an excellent piece of radio.

MrsWembley Wed 29-Feb-12 22:02:32

Sorry - piece of radio? Don't quite know what I meant there...

Waswondering Wed 29-Feb-12 22:03:20

Yes .... only heard the second half but LOVED the wedding story. If the bride was someone on mn, then wishing you every happiness!! smile

Ponders Wed 29-Feb-12 22:08:49

nah, the feud is pure radio. v v good though. I like Peston better after today (will still have to turn him off when reporting however)

yes, the pissed bride was fab smile

Ponders Wed 29-Feb-12 22:15:21
Hassled Wed 29-Feb-12 22:20:36

Oh I love him even more now I've seen his tweets grin

He's one of my favourite tweeters.

FunnysInTheGarden Wed 29-Feb-12 22:28:34

I love Eddie Mair and missed the end of PM tonight. Can't wait to hear how the man on the bus to Swansea got on. Told DH about it as he loves EM too, all about the bitter blood feud between him and RP. DH was grin. It really is the only news programme that makes me laugh on a regular basis. They will update tomorrow I hope.

FunnysInTheGarden Wed 29-Feb-12 22:30:57

Ponders Home Truths takes me back, fab programme and you are right EM would be great. <sigh> I loved Home Truths and am missing John Peel as we speak

Oh. I was just thinking today that Eddie Mair would be disappointing in the flesh but he is QUITE THE FOX. <rubs thighs>

Ponders Wed 29-Feb-12 22:45:15

he's gay though sad

MrsWembley Wed 29-Feb-12 22:49:59

shock My gaydar must be broken. I've been so looking forward to flirting should we ever meet.sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now