Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Raincover BJCM GT - are u happy with it ? Or cheaper/better alternatives ?

(11 Posts)
blueblackdye Mon 09-Sep-13 12:10:21

Hi wise mums, I am a bit in the dark with the raincover for BJCM GT, some reviews say that it does not give access to the handle break and it is not good quality i.e tears easily and too snuggly. Have you had any experience with it ? Or anyone has a better or cheaper alternatives to the official one ? TIA.

nextphase Mon 09-Sep-13 19:59:36

BJCM Double official cover was useless when bought a few years ago. Ripped almost immediately, and spent the rest of its life held together with tape.

blueblackdye Mon 09-Sep-13 20:20:52

Thanks Nextphase, that is bad news.

nextphase Mon 09-Sep-13 20:25:05

Sorry!
The GT might be different??

bundaberg Mon 09-Sep-13 20:27:06

they have released a new version with access to the brake.

i have had no issues with either of my proper baby jogger raincovers

blueblackdye Mon 09-Sep-13 20:32:15

Thanks Bundaberg. I m trying to find a store that has them in stock and see if I can see for myself but I m glad you are happy with yours.

blueblackdye Wed 11-Sep-13 11:28:18

Looks like the item is out of stock, it has now been 2 months ? sad

I was advised to get the Elite rain cover which I did. It is a bit bigger and it is a better fit but still doesn't allow access to the brake hmm which is mad.

bundaberg Wed 11-Sep-13 11:47:27

i'm pretty sure someone on the baby jogger facebook page said they got theirs from John Lewis.

blueblackdye Wed 11-Sep-13 20:42:26

I've ordered the GT rain cover from John Lewis, estimated date of delivery 7 days, lets hope it will be 7 days and not more with the rain forecast, the independent shop I went to is expecting it in 2 weeks.

Twiddlebum Fri 13-Sep-13 06:50:27

I phoned the BJ headquarters... Apparently John Lewis is the only place that currently sells the new GT raincover that has a little Velcro flap for break access. Word of warning though..... It took weeks to arrive as it comes from somewhere other than the main JL depot. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now