Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Baby Jogger City Mini Double + Car seat

(5 Posts)

I have a BJCM double for my two dds, with a 2.4 yr age gap, and we've been fine without a car seat adapter/carry cot. I just got a sheepskin liner for dd2's side, and reclined it right back. The windows in the hood are great, so you can easily peek in to see them. We still use ours now they are 8 months and nearly 3, although we probably use it less than we did when dd2 was first born. I also got two BJ footmuffs, which I've found useful not only for warmth, but also as protection in light rain. Overall, I've been really happy with it.

pixiegumboot Thu 21-Mar-13 23:25:43

this pram has lie flat seats for newborns. good pram, I really didn't use it that often in the end! I'm actually going to list mine on eBay this weekend.

Tiggywunkle Thu 21-Mar-13 23:20:40

The double pushchair car seat adaptor is not safety approved for use here in the UK. I believe the car seat makes the pushchair unstable. Not only that but apparently its a PITA to fit - it takes ages and I dont believe it can be left in situ - its a big frame. Plus it overhangs onto the seat of the second child and sticks out a mile at the front. I wouldn't even bother with it TBH.

Eskarina Tue 19-Mar-13 14:04:54

I don't think the adapters available in this country work with the double bjcm. There are some available in the USA if you are interested in importing.

Bananahannah Tue 19-Mar-13 13:46:05

Hi, I think I've finally decided on a BJCM double for my 2yr old & expected newborn, but does anyone know if I can use the single car seat adapter on the double? I only need 1 car seat, thinking Be Safe Izi Sleep, as Maxi Cosi adapter compatible & lie flat option, so no need for carrycot. Thought I'd finally solved it, but maybe not!! :-/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now