Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Double Pushchairs - is it worth it for a 2 1/2 yo? Also travel systems and Double Pushchairs...

(6 Posts)
Tweet2tweet Sat 16-Mar-13 20:02:29

I'm in a similar position. After a lot f research and trying out I went for the Oyster Max. Did try BaBy Jogger but it was very cumbersome and felt much heavier. I have BBJ single at mo so was surprised, I tried the BBJ tandem though not the side by side.

Oyster seemed to give most space to both and can be used as a single. Was a bit more than I wanted to spend but was £55 cheaper than is advertised on web!

PenelopeLane Sat 16-Mar-13 08:56:19

Watching thread with interest as I am looking at having a 2yr age gap myself! I looked up the City Jogger mini GT double but looks outside my price range (am not in the UK) so wondering about any cheaper brands?

Tiggywunkle Mon 11-Mar-13 23:47:25

You wont go far wrong with a BJCMD. However if you have the money, then push the boat out and get the BJCMGTD smile
I used my doubles loads with a 2 year gap. Managing 2 children is much harder than just one.
You can't put a car seat on the BJ double pushchairs but you can add a carrycot.

ghoulelocks Mon 11-Mar-13 16:47:05

I'd agree with getting a double, if only for those moments when they are tired and no longer cooperating! I can deal with a toddler having a tantrum OR a baby in a buggy personally. Even the best of them get tired and sit on the floor.

So far for me a second hand phil and teds has been the best of the bunch

MamaBlue4 Mon 11-Mar-13 16:25:29

My ds used the pushchair until he was 3 and when he's tired, he'll still use it now on the rare occasion, he's 4.

I think it's worth it incase you have trips out and your not carrying one tired toddler around with you. You'll get at least a year's worth out of it.

I have the City Jogger mini GT double (I also have 5 month old twins), we only bought this pushchair a day before yesterday but we love it. It's brilliant if dh wants to take the two eldest to the park and they get tired.

Orchardbeck Mon 11-Mar-13 15:14:31

Hi all, just new on Mumsnet. have been researching double pushchairs, am currently expecting number 2 in July and although we have loads of time, I don't want to rush in to buying like I did with our first pram/pushchair - I've learned so much since then!

My DD is 2yrs and 2 months and still likes a trip out in the pushchair, especially when the weather is bad or she is tired. We mostly use the car for journeys in to town and originally had a Mamas and Papas Skate pushchair with Primo Viaggio car seat for a travel system which although was and looked lovely, weighed a ton. I'm dreading having to use it again.

When she turned 1, we bought a Maclaren Quest lightweight which was the best move ever (I love it so much), but obviously we didn't need a travel system then.

First question is - is it going to be worthwhile getting a double buggy for when she is 2 1/2? Or should I just get a buggy board for the Skate /Quest (ok after 3 months) - is she likely to refuse to go in it at that age?

So, I've been looking in to lightweight doubles and the Baby Jogger City Mini has come up as an option that could possibly fit the bill, as a carry cot can be fitted (probably won't need it) and car seat with adaptors (I think the Primo Viaggio fits it, heavy thing that it is) plus it folds up small.

Does anyone have any experience of this pushchair - is it any good?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now