Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Sturdy rearfacing pushchair able to take a buggyboard?

(16 Posts)
FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 14-Feb-13 20:40:58

I'd like a buggy/travel system for a newborn that is sturdy enough to take a buggyboard with a large (heavy) toddler, yet still be pushable.
I am tall so adjustable handle height a must, and rear facing option a high factor.
Carry cot preferable but no a necessity if car seat compatable and seat is rear facing.

Any ideas.
I like the cameleon, but the price is off-putting. I already know that the silver cross linear freeway is not sturdy enough.

I there anything that I'd like.

AThingInYourLife Thu 14-Feb-13 20:43:20

Quinny Buzz

That's what I have and it fits all your criteria.

Currently on child 3.

Ihateparties Thu 14-Feb-13 20:57:17

Mutsy Evo, Babystyle Oyster, Uppababy Vista, Baby Jogger City Versa or Versa GT, Joolz Day, New Britax affinity maybe (not out yet but looks pretty good)... more, there's more. Someone else will help in a minute smile

I had a bug gecko and board for DC1 and 2, DC1 fell into the category of large heavy toddler and it was very good. No adjustable handle and tbh you do have to adjust your gait in some way or walk off to the side.

A couple of things to note about the buzz, the seat doesn't sit upright when parent facing, so whenever your younger child will no longer tolerate being reclined I guess you'd need to turn them forward, it's also a bit wide for my taste but then again so is the Vista really.

Nanny01 Thu 14-Feb-13 21:15:03

Orbit have a lovely arrangement, micralight twofold

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 14-Feb-13 21:22:41

Would a buggyboard be compatable with a britax b-dual without the 2nd seat?

bunnymother Thu 14-Feb-13 21:24:26

Baby Jogger City Select

Vivienne52 Thu 14-Feb-13 21:26:20

Same criteria I had. I had a buzz for dd then used it for couple of months with ds and the buggy board wrecked it! I then bought a sola which squeaks like hell and doesn't feel robust enough for the bb. Selling it and have a versa ordered. Sighhhhh, it's not easy!

damnitdamnit Thu 14-Feb-13 21:28:44

Mutsy 4rider fits all criteria and more

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 14-Feb-13 21:36:16

Baby jogger city select won't work because I can't put the older child in the front seat.
hmm mutsy 4rider looks interesting.

Nanny01 Thu 14-Feb-13 22:01:45

Baby jogger city versa

AThingInYourLife Thu 14-Feb-13 22:19:40

Our Buzz got a bit wrecked by the buggy board first time.

DH managed to recondition it so it was better than new for DC3.

The lack of sitting upright when rear facing has never been an issue.

They kind of need to be reclining to be parent facing if the parent is an adult if average height, surely?

Once they want to be siting upright they also want to be looking out at the world IME.

peanutMD Fri 15-Feb-13 07:35:21

Mutsy Evo.

The seat is reversible and lies flat, it folds with seat in either ff or rf, costs around £270 and has a long adjustable handle which a buggyboard can fit under easily.

chickabilla Fri 15-Feb-13 07:38:34

We had quinny buzz with Carrycot and buggyboard and it was very sturdy for a long pre school run every day. Also never had a problem with the recline, DS2 was parent facing for about 18 months with no complaints.

Vivienne52 Fri 15-Feb-13 09:08:34

The parent facing recline in the buzz was one of my biggest irritations. My two like to be very upright (both have had silent reflux), that was what attracted me to the sola as the parent facing position is very upright. I am hoping the versa is the same or it is going back. I also spoke to someone in john lewis re the fact that the quinny was wrecked after the buggy board and he said that often manufacturers say theor pushchairs are buggy board compatable when really they aren't. They simply won't sell as many if they say no.

Ihateparties Fri 15-Feb-13 12:41:42

There's nothing particularly wrong with the buzz, depending on your needs when the seat is parent facing. It is something you need to know though as it definitely would bother some children and parents as plenty of people want to keep the parent facing option if possible. IMO there are many options out there as good and better than the buzz, demonstrably lots of people are happy with it though so if it suits your needs then great.

The mutsy 4 rider has made me think of the jane rider too, i think jane do their own buggyboards. I hear good things about the oyster and board combo, folds in situ etc etc.

forevergreek Sat 16-Feb-13 09:10:57

The cameleon is c good rear facing with board. Have you considered getting one secondhand?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now