Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

New Year, new (umbrella-fold) pushchair?

(7 Posts)
Skiffen Mon 31-Dec-12 13:17:59

I have 2 dds - 37 months & 17 months old. My 3 year old mostly walks, and the 17 month old likes to walk. We have a Nipper double v2 for long walks, & an iCandy apple jogger + buggyboard for short walks. I would really like to downgrade to anumbrella fold single buggy so that i have something i can fling in the car.

I want something that is easy to lift and fold, doesnt take up much room, isn't a huge financial drcision, but sturdy enough to last for a bit and take either of the dds. If there are any umbrella folds that can take a bb, and tgat recline fairly wellfor dd2 to nap then that would be perfect.

Anyone got any suggestions, or seen anything suitable in the sales?

I have the Maclaren xlr which is a longer and slightly heavier umbrella fold, but reclines totally flat and is compatable with a carry cot and car seat if you have another baby.

Cant commebt on any others as its the only one ive ever (and will ever) own.

Skiffen Fri 04-Jan-13 20:56:00

Thank you - I've looked them up and they are a bit more expensive than I was thinking.

Skiffen Mon 07-Jan-13 18:51:56

Bumping for any more ideas?

I wrote a review for baby atlas the other day and would still recommend it. Its a thread called budget stroller or similar..

Skiffen Tue 08-Jan-13 22:27:45

Thank you, will go looking!

HappyAsASandboy Tue 08-Jan-13 22:37:01

We have two Obaby Atlas umbrella folds for taking on holiday.

For cost and functionality (lies totally flat, big basket) I don't think you can beat it. I think the fold is a bit less smooth than the mclarens, but it's really not a problem once you get used to it, and at half the price of a mclarens, I don't think you can go wrong!

No idea whether it would take a buggy board though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now