Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Travel System for Twins

(5 Posts)
Blending Mon 31-Dec-12 12:40:35

Thanks!

I think second hand is the way to go, and feeling slightly less confused now.

I have a little bit of time as I'm only 16 weeks so I can look out on ebay for a chasis and buy the new car seats seperately.

As you say Tiggy by 6 months I'll have a lot more choice, so I could decide better then.

I don't use the pram much with my 2 yo, and when she was small I used a sling a fair bit/car seat , but with 2 its going to be so different!

Tiggywunkle Sun 30-Dec-12 01:01:14

Congratulations on your twins.
First of all may I suggest you take the approach to pushchairs for twins as rentals. There are only a couple of tandems, and a few side by sides that take two car seats and will last you from birth to three. My suggestion would be to focus on the baby stage first. If you are car based, then it is sensible to consider a chassis to put the car seats on, especially with twins even for nipping in and out of appointments and shops. Just bear in mind the guidelines for use with small babies - especially premature ones which twins may well be.
I would suggest getting something like the City Select, the iCandy Peach or Pear or similar to use during the car seat mode. You should be able to pick these up second hand easily. All of these with carrycots or seats would last you a certain amount of time, but I can guarantee none of these second hand (unless you can get a Peach Blossom 2) will last you until the end of your twin pushchair days. So buy a tandem like this, and be prepared for a rethink at the point at which the pushchair starts to feel heavy to push, or the twins are outgrowing the seats. After 6 months, there is more choice of which pushchair to go for.

ClairesTravellingCircus Sat 29-Dec-12 22:00:24

Hi Blendin the city select is pricey but as a travel system for twins is great. You do need the adapters (which you're supposed to take off before folding but if I have space in the boot I leave on), but its flexibility is great and as far as I know all twin travel systems need adapters too.

I found it really useful as I was doing the school run in the car sooften in & out a few times a day. It's so much easier to be able to pop them on and off like that!

Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck finding a twin puschair: it's a minefield!

tedybear72 Sat 29-Dec-12 21:17:15

We have a Britax Bejewelled we are selling. It doesn't car seats on but you can put them on it. It has one connector for the top seat to put a car seat on. Let me know if you're interested.

Blending Sat 29-Dec-12 15:49:19

I would like to mostly use the car seats initially, as thats what we did with dd. I found it so much easier if she had fallen asleep to carry her into the house etc, and generally a lot less fuss than having to transfer her from pram to car seat.

Now I was thinking of the Baby Jogger Twin Select, but Ive not been able to see it set up with the car seats on, and its so confusing with all the adapters,, having to buy everything seperate etc

Are there any other simple travel systems which dont cost the earth? Id be happy to buy second hand?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now