Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Help me decide on a travel system!

(31 Posts)
OComeAllYeFaithBaby Wed 26-Dec-12 20:49:02

I think I know what specs I'd like - i'd like a continuous handle so I can steer one handed, the option to have pram style/parent facing and then switch pushchair but also with the matching care seat to attach to the wheels. I like the idea of a three wheeler but that's not essential. It needs to fold small enough to get into the boot of a Polo. Maximum budget is about £400 (ideally to get all the bits for that).
I like the Quinny Buzz but DH says its too costly! So, what do you recommend?! We're going shopping tomorrow and he wants to buy one by the end of the day!

Ihateparties Thu 27-Dec-12 20:22:28

Oooh yeah, go to kiddicare if you can. You'll be able to compare like for like much better, see the sizes in context etc. It will be worth a visit grin

Tiggywunkle Thu 27-Dec-12 20:42:08

The Streety is long and thin, like an umbrella fold. I struggle to fit umbrella folds into my car. Honestly before you even go to Kiddicare, look for local shops. There must be some! But Kiddicare is supposed to be fab and I think you will do far better there than Mothercare or BabysRUs.

ah. I've seen one but not tried and i didnt like it personally. I prefer big wheels and only 3 of them. I've had small wheeled prams before and they were much harder to handle especially for curbs and rough terrain eg grass in the park. By the look of it I would say it folds quite small but i think you'd need to try it in your car as I have no idea if thats right or not. If you're off to the kiddicare shop you'll likely see a huge range of prams that will suit you but if I were you I would try and go asap as they have a cracking sale on just now and you dont want to miss out!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Thu 27-Dec-12 20:48:32

A google suggest nearest independent shop is an hour's drive away! shock

HappyAsASandboy Thu 27-Dec-12 20:59:03

I would try the Loola Up (Maxicosi/BebeConfort). It folds down to a small size, is light, can take a carrycot/car seat in place of the seat, the carrycot and seat can parent face or forward face, and best of all, it folds small with the seat unit attached (whether parent facing or forward facing). Oh, and when it's folded, with or without the seat attached, it stands on its end donut doesn't take over your hall smile

I love the Loola (I have the original which is two handles, but the Up has a bar. My sister has the Up and agrees that it's fab smile )

I also recommend Kiddicare. They'll cart many pushchairs down to your car for you to try fitting them in, and they stock way way more styles that any high street shop. They also have a cafe so you can stay all day!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 04-Feb-13 15:46:32

Right - it is done. Been to Kiddicare and final choice was....the babstyle oyster! Will definitely fit in the boot and I found it easy enough to put up and down. Did seriously consider the Graco Evo too but it just had the edge.

Felt like the best quality for the cost and bang on budget. She gave us discount too smile Thanks for all the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now