Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Babyzen Yoyo - does anyone know when you can get this and where from?

(39 Posts)

That's it really - their website doesn't seem to give much away. I've heard it's this month, but would love a definitive answer! Thanks.

Tiggywunkle Thu 28-Feb-13 00:40:12

Whitestep (the distributors) are taking preorders direct as well on their website.

Audm Mon 25-Feb-13 21:02:24

You can preorder it from any peppermint shop in London

Ihateparties Mon 25-Feb-13 16:17:07

April i think :-)

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Mon 25-Feb-13 14:56:32

so can u buy it here yet?

Tiggywunkle Fri 22-Feb-13 23:23:23

Just buy one smile Your credit card will be happy smile

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Fri 22-Feb-13 13:59:26

shit. Gues I better save my pennies, or get my credit card ready!

Tiggywunkle Fri 22-Feb-13 00:07:10

Errrrm none!! Its an absolutely amazing piece of kit and anyone who has one wont be letting theirs go. In fact I might keep mine for the grandchildren ;)

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Wed 20-Feb-13 09:03:50

What do you reckon my chances are of getting one second hand?!

Audm Tue 12-Feb-13 00:28:32

It looks like the YOYO will be available in the UK in a few weeks. We can already preorder it online at www.whitestep.co.uk.

HollyHod Tue 15-Jan-13 10:48:45

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SofiK Mon 24-Dec-12 05:33:25

I bought my yoyo on this website as they deliver in many countries including the UK: http://www.emirateshighstreet.com/search/index/field/price_dollar/type/asc/keywords/babyzen

Pinkpiglet Wed 28-Nov-12 21:09:29

Hello.
I was just wondering if anyone has information about when the yoyo may be available over here? I'm still considering it!

Babyjungle Sat 25-Aug-12 13:47:06

The YOYO is available now at Baby Jungle in Holland, shipping worldwide.
White frame, seat and hood in 4 colors.
go to www.babyjungle.nl/babyzen-yoyo-buggy-p-16501.html and click the English flag to see the text in English.
Price is Euro 369,90 (shipping to the UK is 22,- Euro extra)

Pinkpiglet Wed 22-Aug-12 21:57:26

Thanks, both interesting reviews. Not sure I can justify the price right now but it does sound fab.

Tiggywunkle Wed 22-Aug-12 20:13:41

Gold? Fold..sorry! I am making too many typos on my phone! Apologies! I am off to put children to bed now! I hope I make sense!

Tiggywunkle Wed 22-Aug-12 20:12:37

I agree totally. I have mine now and the small gold is the reason for having it. It's teeny tiny folded. Absolutely superb to slung over your shoulder or squeeze into a gap in the car. I love the party trick of simply flicking it open in the air. Folding is a knack but I think you have to release both buttons, let go of them and grab a different handle. But you feel the need to hold the fold button instead! I will get better at it. I can get my largeish handbag underneath with room at the front for drinks, keys, camera etc plus there's a tiny mesh pocket for keys or purse. The seat position isn't the best even pulled as tight as you can, but the YoYo really does what it says in the tin and if you need a small fold TBH you won't care a sausage about seating position because I doubt this would a) be a main pushchair or b) one you would use for an all say outing unless you were on holiday. It's not bad enough to make me not use it! I live the recline and pretty decent hood. It pushes great - not the best push ever but good. Again I am fussy so can say that! I love that the handle is high! It's a refreshing change from other small folding pushchairs like the Noa or Zapo which are small. It's also really really sturdy. It feels solid - it's not flimsy or wobbly! It feels better than my Bee. Plus DH tried to tip it with a child in (don't ask) and he couldn't. I am delighted with it so far but it's early days still...
Oh and I don't like the jigsaw piece buckle but the harness itself doesn't slip like its bigger sibling the Recaro Babyzen. So that's good!
As for the raincover .....hmmm....whoever designed it needs sacking! It's basically a plastic non bendy rod with polythene on..but it's something like 40-50cms long. Where the heck are you meant to put it when not in use??!!! It needs a fold up tiny raincover...come to think of it, where are my Micralite ones? I need to see if one would fit!

I can't help with the UK supplier bit yet pinkpiglet but happy to let you know my thoughts. It really does fold down very easily with one hand only although sometimes we don't quite seem to have got the knack of it and we have to give it a second go - I think that is us and not the buggy though and opening it up is like a real dream - it really is like one of those pop-up tents. The only thing I would prefer is a slightly more upright position - DS (nearly 9 months) looks a bit too laid back - almost a bit slumped - when in fully upright position. The shopping basket is v small but this is the compromise for something so light and fold-upabble. Hope this helps!

Pinkpiglet Sat 18-Aug-12 06:29:18

How are you finding the pushchairs now you've had a little longer to play with them?
Does anyone have one on order for a UK supplier yet? It's a really nifty looking pushchair that I imagine will be very popular.

liswee Wed 15-Aug-12 23:09:10

Glad you received it and it's been great! I got back the other week to a card through my door saying it had tried to be delivered but I wasn't in! I was so sad, then a second later my neighbour came over with the (a lot larger than i imagined) box! Whoopee! I have had a lot of fun playing with it and perfecting the folding/unfolding action and adding a dual bag strap to it to enable it to be worn like a backpack! How was it on the plane? smile

Just wanted to let you all know that our yoyo arrived from France within the promised timeframe and we LOVE it! So easy to put up and down and love the shoulder strap. Felt v smug looking at others with less easy models struggling on and off the ferries in cornwAll last week!! Thanks again for your help with this ladies!

liswee Thu 26-Jul-12 16:24:14

Latest I had heard about UK release was September (from BabyZen) but my local pram shop phoned Recaro (the UK distributors for BabyZen) again and although they have heard of the YoYo (probably a million calls!) they are still not even sure at this time if Recaro are distributing it hmm. This doesn't sound promising for something due in the country quite soon but maybe they didn't want to give anything away or maybe she was unlucky and has spoken to people who aren't in the know! smile

milk Thu 26-Jul-12 16:16:24

Any news on when this is out?

Pinkpiglet Mon 23-Jul-12 09:51:47

Wow, that pushchair looks amazing!
I've been looking for a holiday stroller and was going to go for the baby jogger city mini but I really like the size that the babyzen folds up to.

I look forward to hearing what you think of it when you receive your new pushchairs!

Ah - that's great to know. I think I only looked at the info on bestbuggy.co.uk which I think said it didn't (or it may have been a friend who said it didn;t) - flimsy is fine for me- I figure if I'm in a massive downpour, I would wait somewhere undercover as I don't fancy getting soaked, letalone DS! I did French A Level so have no excuses!

Tiggywunkle Sun 22-Jul-12 19:55:19

Thanks for this. I might have a reorder!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now