Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

New improved Quinny Zapp Xtra

(36 Posts)
EmmaNicole Mon 16-Jul-12 18:27:16
tcmfozzy Sun 02-Jun-13 10:11:43

Hi

Did any of you go ahead and purchase a quinny zapp xtra with folded seat from the USA? I want one badly. Baby only 8 weeks old and this would be his 3rd pram.

Tooodlepip Mon 04-Feb-13 12:56:41

I got this email from quinny

Dear customer,

At 31-01-2013 you sent us the following message:
Hi I am thinking of ordering the new quinny zapp xtra ultra with the one piece fold, I am in the UK so will be ordering from the US, what I want to know is if quinny UK will cover it with warranty??and if so how would this work?? thank you

Our reply:
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your e-mail.

It will be your decision where you make your purchase however if you experienced any issues with the Zapp Xtra from the USA we would only be able to assist if parts were available in the UK. At this time we would not be able to advise if this would be possible.

If you want to reply to our answer, please click the following link :

http://dorelcrm.booleanpark.com/answer.aspx?issueGuid=7f4671bf-9f60-4303-a08b-f8e943cbfb7e

With kind regards,

On behalf of the Quinny team,
Becky Smith

Tiggywunkle Mon 04-Feb-13 01:27:26

smile Its not long until Harrogate, so hopefully it will be on view there smile

squashsqueeze Sun 03-Feb-13 20:57:48

I asked Quinny this a few weeks ago and they said the Zapp Xtra with folding seat (or Zapp Xtra 2.0 as she called it) will be available in the 2014 collection but will only have 3 wheels.

Tooodlepip Fri 01-Feb-13 08:31:03

Hi

I just thought I would add here that I contacted the seller of the new quinny zapp xtra ultra, by phone in California shock. Anyway he says that the pushchair will be covered by warranty and he said that he contacts the manufacturer here and I guess quinny sort it out. I have emailed quinny to confirm this but I haven't had a reply as yet.

I can't get it though simply because it doesn't take a maxi cosi pebble seat only a micro seat sad. I'm a bit disappointed but anyway just thought I would update

Tooodlepip Thu 31-Jan-13 18:47:18

I watched the video it doesn't look that much bigger than the current quinny zapp xtra

I don't want to wait until 2014 baby will be grown by then I'm awaiting information from the seller on eBay then I will decide if I should go ahead grin

femmeaufoyer Thu 31-Jan-13 16:27:54

I also want to confirm the weight as I recall seeing that the new foldable one is a lot heavier than the 2 piece fold.

femmeaufoyer Thu 31-Jan-13 16:24:17

I thought Quinny had said it would be on sale in the UK in 2014

Tooodlepip Thu 31-Jan-13 14:21:38

can I bump

Tooodlepip Thu 31-Jan-13 08:50:32

Oh no are you serious?? sad

I have contacted the seller to ask re a warranty and also emailed quinny UK to ask them if they would cover it over here, but I might ring them later on too, I am keen grin

it would suit me great for travelling which is why I want it and it looks good

peanutMD Thu 31-Jan-13 07:08:51

Sorry Tiggy but it was confirmed on their FB page a while ago sad

A lot of people were complaining about it but I guess there must be a reason for it.

Tiggywunkle Thu 31-Jan-13 00:20:07

sad really sad No one piece fold here sad sad

peanutMD Wed 30-Jan-13 22:53:32

I'm not sure about the Ebay thing, I like the look of the new Xtra but its a lot of money for something with essentially no warrantee.

Unfortunately its been confirmed by Quinny that the Xtra fold will not be made available in the European market although why I don't know confused

Tooodlepip Wed 30-Jan-13 22:05:10

argh dying for a reply sorry I am on the verge of ordering from here

shop4kids.co.uk which links to ebay

smile

Tooodlepip Wed 30-Jan-13 21:30:30

Hi

I just wanted to ask in here has anyone ordered one from the ebay retailer, I really really want one grin

thanks

Tiggywunkle Tue 28-Aug-12 21:02:36

I did hope the seat would sit upright parent facing sighs but it's all positive progress.

milk Tue 28-Aug-12 20:56:20

grin

femmeaufoyer Tue 28-Aug-12 20:03:32
Tiggywunkle Sat 21-Jul-12 22:01:28

Well spotted! Hopefully!!!!

EmmaNicole Sat 21-Jul-12 21:16:03

Ooh even my dh got a little excited when I told him about this! We love our zapp xtra but the only things which could be improved are an upright position when rear- facing and a foldable seat. I would live to know when it will be available over here!

milk Wed 18-Jul-12 15:52:24

"has been given to you by a friend of a friend"- DH loves free things so this is the winning ticket smile

Tiggywunkle Wed 18-Jul-12 15:49:31

Tell him you won it / got a good deal / hope to make a profit on it / has been given to you by a friend of a friend / will replace something else / does something all singing and dancing. It took a long time to break DH down but 4 years on, anything can now arrive and he actually gets interested when it does!! LOL

milk Wed 18-Jul-12 15:42:28

Tiggy you sounds like an expert... DH doesn't know about number 5 and I can only collect it on Saturday so he will definitely see it. How do I tell him about it?

Tiggywunkle Wed 18-Jul-12 15:26:47

On order....hmm....I started to type and then realised it was embarrassing and deleted them all!! LOL I am struggling to get the Cam3 past DH given I have just had another Cam2.....but there's always a way!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now