my other house is finally on the market

(24 Posts)
MrsBucketxx Thu 07-Mar-13 10:04:17

what do you think? this is after all the damp work done etc.

do your worst here

MrsBucketxx Thu 07-Mar-13 10:09:01

sorry that doesn't work try here

MrsJamin Thu 07-Mar-13 11:51:22

It looks very move-in-able but without furniture it's difficult to gauge sizes of rooms. Could you put some beds in, or a sofa or table and chairs in the dining room?

MrsJamin Thu 07-Mar-13 11:56:36

Also the SPLENDID kitchen is a tad oversold, it looks like a small space? Thought it could do with a floorplan too - hard to understand layout without it.

CuddyMum Thu 07-Mar-13 12:47:01

A floorplan is a must smile

ISeeSmallPeople Thu 07-Mar-13 12:50:33

Floorplan needed.
I wouldn't bother putting any furniture in, it looks clean & tidy & fresh, & a floorplan would make it easier to understand.

The shed looks awful. Do you have time to give it a fresh coat of stain & take the board off the window & add a tray of bedding plants to the garden?

GreenEggsAndNichts Thu 07-Mar-13 12:51:37

hm well as a buyer, I'd want to see a floorplan. I'd also agree, I think "splendid" might be a reach for the kitchen. The rest of the house looks lovely and fine, but in my mind that description ends with "despite that kitchen." smile Perhaps it's just not a good photo.

I didn't see the previous pictures, if there were any. It looks fine, though. Good luck!

DelGirl Thu 07-Mar-13 12:58:02

Nice house with curb appeal. I would personally change the floor in the kitchen to maybe a wood effect cushion floor or mosaic as the tiles give it a wonky feel. As a buyer I wouldn't like it and you can fit one relatively cheaply.

MrsBucketxx Thu 07-Mar-13 13:02:00

ill ask ea about floor plan,

shed is being painted as well as a few other external jobs anyway.

Teeb Thu 07-Mar-13 13:16:01

I'd tidy up the garden generally, and I'd move the bin out of the picture of the outside of the house, its a particular bug bear of mine.

In picture 5 and 6 the blinds cord is too long and it's the first thing my eyes focused on, so i'd get that shortened to make it look neater.

In picture 7 it looks like there are some loose wires on the floor, do you know what that is? It makes the electrics work look a bit untidy/possibly botched.

Exposed pipes in the bathroom is a bit annoying, always looks better if they are boxed in imo.

In the picture of the kitchen it looks like there is a lot of light coming from behind where the picture was taken. Could you have a different picture taken from the door in the right hand corner, looking at the window/sink?

Overall it looks nice and clean, although all of the pictures make the rooms look small, particularly with the lack of floor plan.

Toomuchtea Thu 07-Mar-13 13:39:18

Being super fussy here, but is that a plant bottom right of the first photo? My eye was drawn to it straight away, wondering what on earth it was, rather than looking at your very smart house.

The end wall of the kitchen is very obvious and very blank in the kitchen photo. If you put the block there, you'd break up the space a bit and make the viewer concentrate on the kitchen rather than the large blank wall.

With the bathroom, I'd wonder how I was going to have a shower without drowning the floor, though I can see why you haven't got a shower screen. Perhaps you could hang a shower curtain from the ceiling? Don't like them particularly, but at least it's a solution.

I think you've done a good job on the house though. It looks clean and bright and the sort of thing you could move straight in to.

MrsBucketxx Thu 07-Mar-13 13:41:34

as I have already spent what I need to there wont be much more work being done I'm afraid, the garden is being done, but we really can't afford any other work.

cords and wires can be sorted.

MrsBucketxx Thu 07-Mar-13 13:45:26

its a big Japanese grass thingy,

the shower curtain can go back up easily the hooks are already there,

I think it looks appealing as a move-straight-in house. Kerb appeal/first photo wise could you put a trellis or some pots in front of the ?garage? wall to the left of the house as you look at it. Is just a big block/square of brick and needs something to break it up.

MrsBucketxx Thu 07-Mar-13 14:24:07

its the bathroom extension, I like the idea of trellis.

HDEE Thu 07-Mar-13 14:26:21

The toilet seat is hideous. It would be the first thing I changed, but doubt it will affect any offer you may get.

MrsBucketxx Thu 07-Mar-13 14:28:43

I know not my choice, ill refer you to him indoors, we had words about it and he won't change it hmm

Oh - I just thought it was blue plastic covering on a white loo seat - change, change, change. £10 from wickes or something. It is urghhh

financialwizard Thu 07-Mar-13 15:50:45

I like it. Kitchen looks too small for me but I'd still view.

jollydiane Thu 07-Mar-13 16:11:14

very nice, I would prefer a floor plan, change the toilet seat, your eyes are drawn to it. I know it could be difficult but if you can pick a sunny day and retake the picture of the a garden as it looks a bit gloomy. good luck

thesnootyfox Thu 07-Mar-13 18:11:11

I really like it. In fact I would love it. It's twice the size of my house for half the price.

What's the area like?

ILikeBirds Thu 07-Mar-13 18:22:26

I'd be wondering where all the radiators are

ohnoherewego Thu 07-Mar-13 18:29:49

Nice area but right next to BP garage altho the prce does reflect that and really near park

MrsBucketxx Fri 08-Mar-13 07:36:52

there are radiators all through, the area is lovely really good schools over the road from the park. pubs and local shops 2 mins walk away. town centre is about a mile away too if it had a fourth bed I would never have left there

the garage is an issue but its not open 24hours and we have never had a problem with the owners etc. because its there it makes the garden completely private.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now