Would you buy a house without a bath?

(81 Posts)
MmeLindor Tue 05-Mar-13 00:18:18

Renovating the bathroom and there isn't room for a separate shower. The previous owner already took the bath out and we hardly ever had baths before we moved in here anyway, so thinking of replacing with large walk in shower.

I read that if we put in a shower in the same size as a bath, then it would be fairly simple to take it out and put a bath in, if we were to sell the house.

It would be in a corner like this

Would lack of bath put you off buying?

iseenodust Wed 06-Mar-13 11:11:57

No bath would put me off. No matter what the measurements unless it was clearly a huge showeroom I would be convinced it would be difficult to fit one in.

MmeLindor Fri 08-Mar-13 21:54:24

Have seen the plans with the shower in it and they are FANTASTIC so we are going with it.

As many have said, since we are hoping to be here a while, it seems sensible to do what we want, not what we think future buyers might want.

My mum said that they had a gate-leg table for 20 years cause they thought that they may not have room in the next flat for a normal table smile

ILikeBirds Fri 08-Mar-13 21:57:56

Ooh, share the plans please

I'm contemplating doing the same in our house.

MmeLindor Fri 08-Mar-13 22:07:34

Will try and upload onto profile.

MmeLindor Fri 08-Mar-13 22:45:22

ok, plans should be on profile now.

Am SO excited about having a decent shower.

MousyMouse Fri 08-Mar-13 22:57:46

looks proper huge.
good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now