Where do you store your Kitchenaid/Kenwood?

(14 Posts)
middleagedspread Wed 20-Feb-13 11:53:20

I'm thinking obsessing about my new kitchen.
My existing counter looks a bit like a John Lewis basement; rows of appliances taking up too much space.
Obviously the kettle, toaster & coffee maker would probably stay out but other less used appliances could be hidden somewhere. I did see a picture of a cupboard for appliances but surely you'd need to pull them out to use them. Or have a cupboard full of bits of dried out pastry..
Most bits of kit are small enough to lift out of a drawer but the KA is very heavy.
Any ideas/links would be appreciated.

icravecheese Wed 20-Feb-13 12:07:47

We keep our kenwood in a cupboard.....it fits perfectly, alongside the magimix that we inherited from MIL.

We generally only use the Kenwood once per week (to make pizza dough on a saturday), plus might use it a few extra times per month too. It is blinkin' heavy though, so I wouldnt want to be lugging it in / out of cupboard any more frequently than we do.

Having said that, a KitchenAid is MUCh more attractive to look at then a Kenwood, I'd be inclined to keep it out & try and put other stuff away. It is abut of a 'show piece' really isnt it?

We have a small toaster as the kids sometimes eat toast (but not much) and I tend to put that away & only get it out when needed. Could you put other stuff away instead, and keep KA out?

middleagedspread Wed 20-Feb-13 12:30:20

Thanks Icrave. I do use the KA daily so it would be sensible to keep out. In my fantasy life everything would be put away & the kitchen immaculate. It's not going to happen though..

TunipTheVegedude Wed 20-Feb-13 12:32:54

Mine lives on the worktop, probably used once or twice a week.

ISeeSmallPeople Wed 20-Feb-13 12:34:04

It lives on the counter in it's own section, has pride of place, and is at an angle so it gets seen from its best side

Microwave has been relegated to the futility.

stargirl1701 Wed 20-Feb-13 12:35:33

Kitchen Aid is on show grin Too cool for the cupboard!

BeechAvenue Wed 20-Feb-13 12:37:52

I don't have one because there's nowhere to put it envy.

claracluck71 Wed 20-Feb-13 12:42:56

Mine lives on the side - but we don't have a toaster or microwave fighting for space too.

claracluck71 Wed 20-Feb-13 12:44:42

By on the side I mean on the counter! I think 'on the side' must be a family saying blush

middleagedspread Wed 20-Feb-13 12:51:53

Thanks all.
So; kettle, toaster, KA, coffee maker out.
Liquidiser, processor (rarely used) tea & coffee away. Bread bin?
I really thought someone was going to say 'I have a special shelf that magically stores all appliances but gets them out at the touch of a button'.

MrsLyman Wed 20-Feb-13 21:06:54

envy mine lives in the shop until we can find a house nice enough to buy with a big enough kitchen for me to buy one.

MisForMumNotMaid Wed 20-Feb-13 21:12:08

kitchenaid cabinet lift

I quite fancy this but i keep mine on the side.

I have a hot water tap so have done away with the kettle.

I'm thinking of one of those pull down to worktop tevel cupboards with slatted frosted glass as the roller to keep the toaster hidden but easily accessible.

middleagedspread Wed 20-Feb-13 21:19:18

Thanks Mis, I've seen them on pinterst. I'm not sure how sturdy it would be, for say making bread. Also. the mechanism would take up space.
I love the idea of a pull down cupboard that hides it all.

MrsL, mine lived in the shop for a very long time before finding its rightful place.

My friend has one and it is very sturdy but it basically takes up an entire cabinet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now