Noisy washing machine

(3 Posts)
chickennuggets Thu 17-Jan-13 11:25:41

I suspect the drum has come loose as the spin cycle makes the same noise as a plane flying overhead. Is this something that can be fixed easily or will we have to replace it?

PigletJohn Thu 17-Jan-13 12:07:19

It's probably the drum bearings worn out. I'd start thinking about a new one if I were you, it can be a rather expensive repair. see if you can get recommendations for a local repairman. Bosch and Siemens (possibly others)have an offer where you pay (about) £140 and it covers you for a year's worth of repairs on one machine, you have to arrange it before the call. They doubtless work on the knowledge that most machines will not cost them that much, but the bearing or drum change might.

If you start to see black specks on your washing, which are liable to leave permanent stains, stop washing anything that will be spoiled, especially whites. It will be the bearing grease and bits of metal.

chickennuggets Thu 17-Jan-13 12:31:49

Thanks so much for the info that's really helpful. We didn't pay much for machine in first place as bought it off owners when we bought our house. Might be worth getting a new one in the sales in that case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now