Please link me to great mid century houses under 300k anywhere in the UK

(14 Posts)

Looking to up sticks in the new year and the only stipulation I have is a mcm property. Any help with decent areas appreciated. Im completely rightmoved out. Thanks in advance grin

Oh! Nc. Terry wogan cock, the rise and fall of cod etcetc smile

Bilbobagginstummy Sun 30-Dec-12 17:11:47

What is a mid century house? Do you mean built in the 1950s, or is this a far fancier type of house?

Do you need particular number of bedrooms? Plot size? Near a station? State of repair?

What do you mean by mid century?
My house is 1953, is that mid century enough?
(it is also a soulless and not as solid as my previous victorian property and I hate it character-less-ness with a passion)
Are you sure you want a mid century house?

maraisfrance Mon 31-Dec-12 18:38:30

There's a web-based agency called Modern House - have you looked on there? Agree that mcm can be great if designed well - grew up in one, and have looked at a few while thinking about a move. Good luck.

Bilbobagginstummy Mon 31-Dec-12 18:58:38

What is mcm, please? Please!

PigletJohn Mon 31-Dec-12 19:30:04

MCM is 1900

but doesn't fit "mid century"

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Mon 31-Dec-12 19:38:13

mid-century modern - Wikipedia

I see... nope, don't know of any houses like that. Was the style used much in domestic architecture?

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Mon 31-Dec-12 19:40:42

Oh, have you seen this?

zumo Mon 31-Dec-12 19:44:00

Loads in North Wales, nice place too, but not much work

LynetteScavo Mon 31-Dec-12 19:45:40

What is a mcm proprty?

I live in a street of 1950's houses. They are all under £300K, but some of them have UPVC front doors [disgust].

nextphase Mon 31-Dec-12 20:02:57

budget?

famous

personally can't stand Didcot but surrounding villages can be nice

Any good?

PigletJohn Mon 31-Dec-12 20:26:54

it would appear to be an American concept.

With the diversion of British manpower and resources to the war effort, followed by rebuilding the industrial base and shortage of building materials and skills, it didn't really happen here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now