The decluttering, cleaning, vacating, pandering, nailbiting antics of the stressed out house sellers(997 Posts)
Starting a new thread, since our old one was almost full!
Anyone suffering the stresses of trying to sell a house is welcome to join us; anyone here to tell us our houses are crap and/or overpriced is not.
Hi FL! Welcome to the stressed-out brigade! Our viewers are coming in 2 hours and I'm FRANTICALLY stuffing things in cupboards, dusting and hoovering ................. well, I'm having a well-earned 5 min break as I type this! Good luck everyone!
Doglover. I hid my collection of tommy tippee explorer bibs in the microwave yesterday before the agent came to value.
I think it's a good idea to go on holiday and leave key provided you are happy to be contacted by agent whilst you're on holiday.
Am still awaiting enquiries from my buyer's solicitors. I'm nervous as to what they may be! Have just departed with £358 for searches on the property we're buying.
What a whirlwind of a week! We've had loads of viewings all proceedable and mostly interested so we've gone to best & final offers by tomorrow. Agents have been amazingly helpful and sensible (which is a shock in itself I've never met EAs like it)
We are a bit in shock and now panicking that we need to find a house. We have viewings this weekend and next week and have extended our search area a bit.
I'm really really pleased but convinced it's all going to go wrong somehow.
Poor DS is a bit fed up of viewings as it's screwed up his Easter hols as we've had people viewing everyday so I've promised him a huge treat to try and make up for being such a boring and stressed mummy.
It's tricky to know QUITE how far to go with decluttering. I've left up pictures and photos (haven't got loads) and the 2 dds bedrooms still have their posters etc - am loathe to completely 'neutralise ' the whole house. The spare room is too cluttered witha spare desk and the music room has several boxes ready for car-boot sale but I think that any prospective viewers can still see the room sizes and potential. We'll get feedback from the e.a. (hopefully!) if I'm incorrect ............. Well, 30 minutes until I disappear with the dogs to leave the e.a. to do her thing ................ Scary
I know what you mean, WL. My dds are fed up of my constant reminding (ok, nagging) to keep things tidy
HOpe everyone's OK today. Cuddy- you sound like you are making good process!
MY concern is that we have heard nothing form our buyer's solicitor. I have asked my solicitor and my EA about this but I wondered why we haven't heard anything- is there any paperwork other than fixtures and fittings etc that we need to do for them?
They ask questions now and then via the EA but we have nothing to say that they are proceeding other than to trust in the 'no news is good news' attitude.
I am decluttering tomorrow and wanted to get garage started but the weather has put me off a bit and it just seems a huge thing to do on my own. Will try to enlist some help from friends in return for gin.
My removal man arrived an hour early to do his quote - just as I was attempting to tidy my daughter's room - which was absolutely disgusting! I was embarrassed to show him the garage - how can we possibly need all of that crap? The subject of the garage always causes a row between me and DH (well actually I don't row but he starts having a major sulk). I have asked the removal man to quote for storage in case we don't complete on the new property in time. We have to be out of here by 25th May (and then we are on hols for a week!) but I'm just not sure that everything will be done in time for the purchase.
Augusta, have you received the enquiries from your buyer's solicitor yet? If not, I would get your firm to be chasing for them. Is their mortgage in place?
Wow Cuddy- we are at the same stage- I had a very naice man from a removal company come yesterday and quote. I was really stressy about garage and shed crap as it is truly abominable in there. If you can actually walk in there.
They offered a complete pack so i feel very much happier now.
Did the same as you thought an tidied up beforehand.
I have no idea about the buyer's mortgage and have not had any enquiries from their solicitors, only questions they have put to the agents verbally and I have answered verbally. I am about 60% sure they will pull out but am only telling you that and touching wood as I write it, don't want to demoralise DH
We are assured our enquiries are to be emailed over today. I've never been nervous about a buyer pulling out before but after our recent experience I don't trust anyone.
DH phoned and we had "the talk" about the garage. Hopefully, knowing where we are moving to may assist in throwing more crap away!
So with a baby on the way, time to sell our 2-bed London flat and find a house somewhere.
We're trying an internet only estate agent to start with, and after our flat went on rightmove yesterday have had two viewing requests already - how does that compare with a normal agent?
Have to rush home from work tonight for some frantic last minute tidying before first viewing, bit scared at how to show people around, will probably say lots of things I shouldn't!
Right.... I think you people might not believe me any longer when I report this latest development.
We cannot contact our initial estate agent anymore. We are still listed with them - the new agent is coming tomorrow morning to get things going- but the old one is now unreachable.
Since last weekend we have emailed twice, but got no replies. We have also called several times, on their online phone number, direct phone number and the number on our 'for sale' sign, but we only get an answering machine which says that the office is closed until tomorrow morning 9 am. Only it has been saying that for several days now!
Really weird - the only good thing about that agent was that they could be reached 7 days a week, and often even in the evenings. But now they seem to have evaporated?????
I'm at a loss. They are a family business, so I'm thinking- quite gruesomely - that maybe some family disaster happened; like they all died in a car crash or something.
Meanwhile, our house advert with them is still up, and if interested people would call the EA they'd get that same message, and they will not be able to view the house!
feeling the urge to wave my hands around and say gagagagagaga!
Our viewers have been so will await feedback from the e.a. My 2 dds were here but were rubbish 'spies'!! I'd asked them to listen out for any comments but apparently they spoke too quietly . One of girls did hear them say that it has 'potential' ....................
Oh, Tau You poor thing. I don't know what to say ............
Oh Tau - hope the new agent gets cracking ASAP. Perhaps take your board down and get new agent to put theirs up pronto. Sounds very odd - maybe they are having technical issues...
Our viewers are returning tomorrow for a second look!! I'M SO EXCITED!! It will be another sleepless night but COULD be worth it .......................
That was quick feedback doglover! Sounds very promising indeed.
Thought I'd better start a new thread. This one is nearly full!!!
HereWeGoThen - what internet agent are you with? We are/were with Housetree, but it's a horrendous mess! But if you are in London, your house should sell quickly anyway...
Cuddymum, it didn't even occur to me to take the board down... I guess we should. Keeping my fingers crossed that all those complicated paperwork things go smoothly for you.
Doglover: exciting! Let's hope they make an offer.
I'm posting on this thread still rather than the new one, because I'm having an attack of superstition... this is the bad agent thread, and the new one will be my good-agent-and-everything-goes-amazingly-well thread!
Not all is bad, though. Seems my flu/cold is improving, fever is gone, and consequently my miserable depressive mood has also gone and I no longer think everything is horrible and will only get worse. I am ready to take on many agents, and I shall also bake a cake.
We're with housenetwork - seems they've been around a while so hopefully won't have the sort of problems you've been having!
First viewing yesterday seemed to go okay, and got a third one booked in now, all very exciting and a bit scary.
Absolutely gutted, was supposed to exchange Contracts last Tuesday. Got a text at 4 pm, problem somewhere in chain from my buyer, we are in a chain of four. Seems it was the first time buyer at the bottom of the chain. Was supposed to move house today April 26th, house all packed up, loads in storage as we are downsizing. Today, got a phone call, first time buyer has pulled out. We are gutted, so is our buyer, and also his buyer. I am out of pocket to the tune of £900 which I can ill afford, I am disabled and really need to move. Anyone have any advice please.
Hello Honey - come on over to the new thread
Join the discussion
Please login first.