Come drool with me - love this house

(96 Posts)
MmeLinrod Mon 26-Nov-12 19:19:51

Could someone lend me about £800k so that I could buy it and do some work on it, that would be grand.

It even has servant quarters

COCKadoodledooo Tue 27-Nov-12 14:31:48

That Duffield one is hideous! How can people live like that?!

And I remember when all that were fields <gimmer>

MadBusLady Tue 27-Nov-12 18:42:08

<roots around in handbag> I'll lend you on the strict condition that you do not touch that kitchen! It is fabulous! Looks exactly like a 1950s brochure.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Tue 27-Nov-12 21:26:46

well......... come close and listen......... my friend is an estate agent and he/she (remaining anonymous) sold their previous house. my so-called friend will not comment due to "customer confidentiality". spoil sport. Now I will tootle off & name change before I am outed!

Ohhelpohnoitsa Tue 27-Nov-12 21:28:51

Gok & I could go carol singing to suss them out. I think they may have rented it out though when it didn't sell.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Tue 27-Nov-12 21:37:54

I love that they have gone against the neutral, bland look though. At least it is unique.

gok Tue 27-Nov-12 21:39:28

Ohhelp - I visited on Halloween whilst trick or treating and its def. been rented out. The people who live there now look very 'Duffield' and not at all 'bling!

Do you live nearby too? You might be my first RL MN spot

Ohhelpohnoitsa Tue 27-Nov-12 21:52:59

Yes, my first rl encounter too. I do live near you but not in Duffield, though I did go to the gallery there today!! I wonder where they moved to. May be that MASSIVE new build in Hazlewood? Would suit their style. Bet you were disappointed not to get a real-life viewing.

gok Tue 27-Nov-12 22:14:54

I was although children got good treats from the new people! Off to namechange back to my regular name now-I may pass you in the Co-op some time though grin

MmeLinDude Tue 27-Nov-12 22:54:35

oooh, how funny that I have brought together two MNetters over a vile house.

I have had a chat with the bank today, so our 1970s kitchen is going going (soon to be) gone. It is a bit like that one, Madbuslady but I can promise you - close up it does not look that good.

Devora Tue 27-Nov-12 23:34:29

OK, THIS just made me laugh; a lovely example of not-staging-your-home:

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38329385.html

Check out photo 4! It's bizarre how one bedroom is so very tidy, and the other... not.

EA couldn't even be arsed to take down the carrier bag hanging from the kitchen unit grin

Devora Tue 27-Nov-12 23:56:27

And this one depressed me - it just says everything there is to say about the London housing market.

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35528020.html

Look how many residents are crammed into this house, paying £650-850 pcm for tiny cramped rooms where they have their bath jammed against their washing jammed against their coffee table jammed against their desk...

MmeLinDude Tue 27-Nov-12 23:56:48

ahaha. That is so funny. And the washing on the line.

MadBusLady Wed 28-Nov-12 15:47:58

Devora, even worse is the income breakdown at the bottom:

"internet, for which £10/month can be charged from each tenant"

It cannot possibly cost £80 a month (£10 each from eight studios) to provide internet to the house, it's just "what can be charged".

There are some real scumbags about.

Devora Wed 28-Nov-12 16:16:30

Sheesh. And you can be sure they showed the best 'studios' (which looked awful). What do the worst ones look like, I wonder?

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Wed 28-Nov-12 16:19:54

<puts an offer in>

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Wed 28-Nov-12 16:23:20

So the two rear bedrooms which are connected to the downstairs by the rear staircase leading from the butlers pantry, must be staff bedrooms?

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Wed 28-Nov-12 16:25:41

But where are the plans for the lower groundfloor, or basement?

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 28-Nov-12 17:44:02

mmelindude - are you inspired by the pink kitchen? that's what has prompted your new kitchen isn't it...... go on, admit it!

Fir such a nice house, the carpets are well old fashioned and as for that kitchen, have they never heard of the funky units you can get now wink

I want £240,000 to buy the house I'm in now. The Landlord told us we could buy it for that, but the likelihood is nil. Tis a nice house (or could be).

MmeLinDude Wed 28-Nov-12 17:53:26

I'm putting in a clean white kitchen with granite worktops and German appliances.

No pink. Anywhere grin

FellatioNelson Wed 28-Nov-12 18:05:51

Oh. My. God.

Belper. shockshockshockshock

There are no words. I need to lay down. Fuck, that's bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now