Come drool with me - love this house

(96 Posts)
MmeLinrod Mon 26-Nov-12 19:19:51

Could someone lend me about £800k so that I could buy it and do some work on it, that would be grand.

It even has servant quarters

Ohhelpohnoitsa Mon 26-Nov-12 22:15:24

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html/nomsite?prop=30984649&sale=14557478&country=england
anyway, look at this one - ideas of grandeur???

Ohhelpohnoitsa Mon 26-Nov-12 22:16:30

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html/nomsite?prop=30984649&sale=14557478&country=england

anyway, look at this one - ideas of grandeur???

Ohhelpohnoitsa Mon 26-Nov-12 22:18:34

oh no my link failed. someone do it for me. it is worth it i promise. its a typical estate house on the outside but just wait til you see inside. think they got the "designer must haves" list & biught them ALL!

Ohhelpohnoitsa Mon 26-Nov-12 22:34:57

the islay one is beautiful.

noeyedeer Mon 26-Nov-12 22:39:40
TheFutureMrsB Mon 26-Nov-12 22:41:14

Ohhelp the 'normal' parts are actually quite nice but the rest WOW!!! lol

Devora Mon 26-Nov-12 22:43:36

[gets spoon; stirs]

I spent one of the worst days of my life in Dundee.

Still, you get a lot of bricks for your dosh up there [looks round at the four walls of her extremely humble and unbeautiful abode that cost a kings feckin ransom because it is in SW London]

Devora Mon 26-Nov-12 22:46:55

Oh my life, noeyedeer, there truly are no words. I think that may be the most jaw-dropping house we have ever had on here.

I love how you get to picture 16 and it looks like a monk's cell, till you realise that is only in comparison to the dazzling vistas that have gone before.

MmeLinDude Mon 26-Nov-12 23:01:20

oh my god. That is jaw droppingly awful.

I know what you mean about pic 16.

julesjam Mon 26-Nov-12 23:07:12

Holy moly. It's like if Katie Price and Michael Jackson had decorated a house together.

Devora, come and join our apparently newly-formed Dundee MN commune - we'll replace your terrible day with fond memories wink

Haha that is gobsmacking! How on earth will they ever fight off the hoards of buyers? Haha

I like picture 7 on this one grin

Devora Mon 26-Nov-12 23:25:23

Ah, what a kind offer, julesjam. Will we eat, like, Dundee cake and all? smile

Devora Mon 26-Nov-12 23:28:08

shock I got to picture 5, NoMore, and thought, "Well, how can it get worse?"

And then it did grin

That house makes me lose the will to live. I actually don't see how you could live there without compromising your mental health. Where on earth do you buy gold shower curtains, anyway?

From here of course...I thought everyone knew that...grin

I was thinking I liked this one and then it showed indoors and it all went horribly wrong grin

gok Mon 26-Nov-12 23:51:07

have had to namechange just to say that we live just down the road from OhHelp's jaw dropping house.

I think I have linked to it before on MN but it always warrants a look. DP and I have always wondered where the hell you go to buy that sort of stuff. We also like to imagine the poor estate agents face when he turned up to value and photograph it

Viviennemary Mon 26-Nov-12 23:58:02

When I first saw it from the outside it looks as if it might have a resident ghost. But I love the staircase.

Devora Tue 27-Nov-12 00:18:56

EA really is a bit keener on the external shots there, NoMore grin

AmberLeaf Tue 27-Nov-12 00:38:37

Wow! That Belper house!

Its so bad its almost good, Id love to know who lives there.

Gok can go and knock tomorrow and report back grin I imagine its someone who looks like this though grin

caramelwaffle Tue 27-Nov-12 00:46:56

grin

MmeLinDude Tue 27-Nov-12 07:41:02

Gok
How could you not go? Make sure you report back.

Nomore
That one makes me think that the other rooms are horrible cause why else would he take dozens of external views but just living room, kitchen and bedroom?

What I want to know is why there are 5 pictures of a statue doing a handstand? I want to book a viewing...sadly I don't have a spare few million to do the place up grin

typicalvirgo Tue 27-Nov-12 13:27:15

Gok what are the owners like ? I really want to know... do they look.... normal ?!

I'm still a bit freaked out by that silver sparkly figure on the black and white cow sofa !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now