Come drool with me - love this house

(96 Posts)
MmeLinrod Mon 26-Nov-12 19:19:51

Could someone lend me about £800k so that I could buy it and do some work on it, that would be grand.

It even has servant quarters

happybubblebrain Mon 26-Nov-12 20:20:08

I'm much cheaper than you MmeLinrod, my dream house in only £400,000 - I'm not putting up a link in case someone buys it before I have chance to win the lottery. I would probably sell my soul to get it, any takers?

MmeLinDude Mon 26-Nov-12 20:26:55

NoMoreMarbles
That flat is hideous. I like clear and uncluttered, but that just looks soulless

LittleFrieda Mon 26-Nov-12 20:27:36

Why do you need to borrow £800K when it only costs £600K something? Are you in serious negative equity?

I think the house is unpleasant. It looks like a category B prison.

Inclusionist Mon 26-Nov-12 20:27:39

It fully looks like Crickley Hall. Might not do it any favours just now!

I wouldn't change it much at all definitely no shiny grey shit .

Inclusionist Mon 26-Nov-12 20:28:16

I would, however, move it it South Bucks for the same price.

TunipTheVegedude Mon 26-Nov-12 20:29:46

Fucking hell. Crickley Hall inside as well as out. Check for underground streams, wells in the cellar and find out what it was used for during the war.

MmeLinDude Mon 26-Nov-12 20:31:39

LittleFrieda
Cause I need to spend £200k putting in central heating and shiny grey shit

It does doesn't it MmeL! Like you would see an old faux-blonde comb over man in a smoking jacket and a bimbo on his wrinkly knee...vom-inducing grin

SingingSands Mon 26-Nov-12 20:59:21

This is my dream home - and it's on an island, so that will be handy when the Zombies come (Zombies don't do ferries).

here

MmeLinDude Mon 26-Nov-12 21:00:42

NoMore
is it Donald Trump's house then?

MmeLinDude Mon 26-Nov-12 21:01:43

ooh, lovely Singing. But what would I do with the extra 20 bedrooms that I don't need?

SingingSands Mon 26-Nov-12 21:05:48

Um, I could have one? Please? I promise not to decorate it Trump style.

The Islay house is gorgeous but there are a shitload of antlers that would have to go.

But there's only 2 bathrooms! And why is there a shower room next to the kitchen?
You'll have to update those carpets and give it a lick of paint. wink

julesjam Mon 26-Nov-12 21:37:44

I spotted this today too LinDude!! I WANT IT

Joins in <dirty looks> at Devora.

It could well be... He seems moronic enough to pay £65,000,000 for a shithole like that MmeL grin

That 24 bed one is too small for me! And zombies walk through water and climb each other to sink ships... Have you not read world war Z? wink

MmeLinDude Mon 26-Nov-12 21:43:24

Jules
S'alright. We are going to have a MN collective, with Santa.

Shower room off the kitchen - thought that could be a mudroom/dog bath actually.

caramelwaffle Mon 26-Nov-12 21:47:41

Dundee here I come!

<Elbows Linrod out of the way>

I bagsy the first house.

RyleDup Mon 26-Nov-12 21:49:41

I was going to rent a house down that road. I'm not sure it wasn't that one actually, it looks exactly the same. It was going to be rented out to students for a year at a really cheap rent, as the new owners were looking to get planning permission to turn it into flats. Actually I'm convinced that was the house. Didn't get to live there in the end as I took up a place at a different university.

MmeLinDude Mon 26-Nov-12 21:50:02

Dog shower like this and mudroom like this.

MmeLinDude Mon 26-Nov-12 21:51:24

Ryle
there is one across the road that has a sign up that flats are for rent. Might have been that one.

RyleDup Mon 26-Nov-12 22:02:30

Not sure. It was on the side of the road with views over the river. The garden kind of sloped down to it like the one in your link. Don't think the other side of the road would look quite like that? Although its been years since i've been into central dundee, so my memory is hazy.

RyleDup Mon 26-Nov-12 22:03:17

Or in the ops link even!!

Chubfuddler Mon 26-Nov-12 22:09:30

I can just imagine the woman in black peering at you through the windows of that isle of Isley one.

No ta

Ohhelpohnoitsa Mon 26-Nov-12 22:11:56

the hyde park one is £2 mil for the flat and £63 mil for location.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now