Any advice on where to live in/near Horsham...

(5 Posts)
Jo2508 Wed 14-Nov-12 15:17:50

Hi there, I've posted on a couple of threads here already (primary schools in Horsham and getting a school place mid year) and would like to ask whether anyone has advice on good areas to live in and around Horsham. I have one daughter (aged 8) and we will be moving back to the UK around April/May 2013. We live in Delft in The Netherlands, which is like a mini Amsterdam -a beautiful town, easy to get around (cycling and walking), but not a huge amount for kids to do outdoors (although lots of afterschool and weekend kid's activities/sports). What we are looking for is a good local community feel, somewhere we can walk or cycle to most places, but preferably not in the town centre or too rural (but want access to good parks, countryside etc). I know that is probably a lot to ask for! Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks a lot.

Most of Horsham fits your criteria. We are East side, 7 mins to station, 15 to town and park and a 5 min cycle any direction into countryside.
Do you know Horsham at all? We barely did when we moved!

Jo2508 Thu 15-Nov-12 06:36:38

Hi, thanks for replying - no, I've never even been to Horsham! I will be coming over to the UK for Christmas so will go and have a look round then. Do you like living there?

Yes, it's lovely. We moved from London 6 months ago and couldn't be happier.
The town centre is lovely, people are friendly, the big park is beautiful and there's some brilliant cycling nearby. We're not too far from the South Downs bridleway, which was a train line but is now a path for horseriding, cycling and walking. It goes all the way from Guildford down to the coast.
Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Jo2508 Thu 15-Nov-12 08:32:11

That's great to hear, thank you...it's difficult moving from somewhere you love so it's reassuring to know it's a nice place!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now