Which upstands with wooden worktops/ceramic sink/oven?

(2 Posts)
sherbetpips Sun 07-Oct-12 20:09:02

We went with the black glass all round to the height of the sill, we have dark wood tops but a steel sink.

Coffeeformeplease Sun 07-Oct-12 08:58:39

We are in the process of getting a (new) kitchen and have a problem finding out which upstands we want, or if we don't want any.
The worktops will be wood (oak) but the sink is a sit-on white ceramic one, which goes all the way back, no cut-outs in worktop. The units will be white or grey. The splashback for oven is black glass.
I don't know if it will look odd for the sink to have a tiled upstand and tiled windowsill behind it, and then a bit of wooden worktop with wooden upstands, then the glass splashback for the hob, then another bit of wooden worktop and wooden upstand... It sounds mix and match and I have no idea what to order.

Should the sink also have a wooden upstand? I ordered the sink especiallly because I didn't want wood around it. I don't want to develop OCD trying to keep it dry.
Please help! Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now